PDA

View Full Version : Zaino and Glaze???

ChiliCooperS
06-10-2006, 02:00 PM
I just applied 3M Imperial Hand Glaze to my car... Will ZFX enabled Z5 or Z2 get rid of or negate this step?? :nervous2:

Thanks

mikey

imported_themightytimmah
06-10-2006, 02:08 PM
No, you`ll need to either Dawn wash or Z-PC it. If you just Z5 it, you`ll mess up the bonding and Z won`t last.

jmsc
06-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Confirming what themighty one said. If you applied a glaze finish it off with a carnauba based lsp. If you want to apply Zaino remove the IHG and then apply the new Z-5 PRO and/or Z-2 PRO and top it off with Z-8.

ChiliCooperS
06-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Wow that sucks, so pretty much no glaze can be used with a sealant? ZPC isn`t my favorite, by the time im done with it there is a fog in my garage (sarcastic but dang close). Wow I`m really at a loss on what to do now.

What I WAS going to do:

Wash (done)

Pinnacle Poly Clay (done)

Buff out everything with SSR 2.5, and 1(done)

IHG

2 x ZFX infused Z5

3 x ZFX infused Z2 Pro

3 x Souveran Paste

Uh oh.... :help:

Mikey

imported_GMCloud27
06-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Not to hijack your thread :), but to clarify on a question for me on glazes with sealants; after prep, I was going to do Prime, RMG, AJ, then Natty`s Blue but wasn`t too sure on the bonding for the RMG and AJ...

If anyone can confirm that glazes should not be applied before a sealant, that`d be great :) Thanks.

ChiliCooperS
06-11-2006, 02:29 PM
yeah i just ordered some Z5 Pro just to see what all the hootin n hollerin`s all about. That kinda blows though that you can`t appyling a glaze underneath a sealant?

Mikey

gben
06-11-2006, 06:01 PM
Just a thought. How about using a polymer based glaze? Would this work? Isn`t Z based on polymeric technology? CG`s EZ Creme Glaze uses acrylic polymers and just might work. I`m sure there are people on the forum that can straighten out the tech side for us.

awahl63
06-11-2006, 06:48 PM
Just a thought. How about using a polymer based glaze? Would this work? Isn`t Z based on polymeric technology? CG`s EZ Creme Glaze uses acrylic polymers and just might work. I`m sure there are people on the forum that can straighten out the tech side for us.

I`ve been wondering about this too...I posted a thread awhile back. Hold on

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=72657