PDA

View Full Version : check out my bird!!

frank99ta
06-09-2006, 09:54 PM
I`ve been reading on here for a while and finally broke down and bought a porter cable. I clayed, Zaino fusion, 3m swirl remover, meguiars #7, and Zaino z2. Thanks to everybody for all the help and info. It`s not as good as some of you guys, but this was my first attempt. I was happy with the results. Tell me what you think..

imported_UnsanePyro
06-10-2006, 05:41 AM
Looks great, where are you from? Don`t forget to dress the tires/wells too, it will look even better after you do that

Setec Astronomy
06-10-2006, 06:13 AM
That screaming chicken isn`t factory, correct? Is it a decal, custom paint, what?

frank99ta
06-10-2006, 08:05 AM
I usually don`t do the tires until I get to the car show.. I`m from Dallas Tx and no that isn`t the factory chicken. I had that custom painted in a metallic silver and had the whole hood re-cleared so its smoothe. The guy who did it did a great job. Thanks again for all the help..

Rocket
06-10-2006, 09:03 PM
I think I`ve seen your car before. The bird looks familiar. Great job

Djmigs
06-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Great Work Frank!!! :bigups

Looks Dripping wet as far as i can see, just a suggestion instead of attach photo use the img button(it a square box with a mountain like figure and sun/moon-it next to the globe) this way everyone can see them without click on eachone, im not sure if you have a photo hosting site like photbucket is free ...

When you get to the car show take some pics with your tires and wheel whells dressed and take some full body pics of the vehicle.....

Im a sucker for TA...to bad they discountued them im hoping they bring it back for a year or two like the camaro...

The color of the eagle looks great on it and big plus for you for spray clear on it big diff imho....

also you made a good investment in the pc :waxing: your arm will thank you later plus i think you get better results then by hand....why because the pc does not get tired....plus it will make you a little side money if you choose too work on freinds or family vehicle but beyond that practice practice on other people vehicle....

By they way those who posted it being a screaming chicken it isnt :grrr its an Eagle....

latez

frank99ta
06-10-2006, 10:47 PM
Here are some pics from the show. My Dad and I both took first place. I was very excited because my car hasn`t look this good in a very long time. I`ve always taken excellent care of it, just never polished it properly. My Dad is actually got me turned on to this site. You can tell by looking at his car, he`s done this a few times.

frank99ta
06-10-2006, 10:49 PM
can somebody tell me how to load larger pictures? It won`t let me load anything larger than like 300x400 or something..

Djmigs
06-10-2006, 10:51 PM
by the way here an example frank....

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c74/shawnipup/concept_Trans-am.jpg

frank99ta
06-11-2006, 12:13 AM
Hey Miguel, thanks for the info.. I`ve got software to adjust the size of the photo, most message boards I use let you post huge pictures if you want. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. Nice pic by the way.. If they make that car, I promise you I`ll have the first black one off the truck. That car looks awesome.. Too bad GM will never make it.. If we do, it`ll look nothing like your photo.. One can only hope.