PDA

View Full Version : Tried PB SSR 2.5 needed help and advice

manmanSS
06-09-2006, 04:30 PM
Hey guys,

I wanted to try the well received SSR line for polishes, and I tried it today on my 02 black miata. To my surprise, it was wierd, not a lot of the mild swirls were removed, and in some areas added.

I know its not the product, SSR is well renouned, so it must be me. I was using a terry towel at first, and then tired more than one terry, which I have been using for a while, and know that they dont cause swirls. So what am I doing wrong.

I know, I should be using it with a PC, but I am low on cash and will be ordering one in a while.

thanks guy

MrSelfDestruct
06-09-2006, 05:02 PM
Are you rubbing in a circular motion, or back and forth? Rubbing too hard? (heat?).

imported_Detailing Technology
06-09-2006, 05:08 PM
I have never used them by hand, only a rotary or PC.

SSR 2.5 does need to be followed up with a finer polish like SSR 1 or Menzerna FPII. I have read posts of people being happy with only SSR 2.5, for me it only does moderate scuff and scratch removal.

holland_patrick
06-09-2006, 05:16 PM
if used by hand.. you need to rub rub rub it`s not something that you can do in hours... i would say days even with a small car..

pick a pannel work one spot for a long time and when you think your done rub a little more then hit it with the ssr1 the same way.. it will take a while but it will work.

drck1000
06-09-2006, 05:35 PM
I noticed that you mentioned that you are using a terry towel to apply the SSR2.5. Are you using a cotton terry or a MF terry? Just wondering if the cotton terry towel is applying swirls to your paint as you are applying or removing the residue. Haven`t come across a cotton terry towel yet that passes the CD test. Just a thought.

jdhutchin
06-09-2006, 05:40 PM
Most machine polishes don`t work well by hand- the abrasives won`t break down by hand. There are some products designed to be used by hand, I think 3M had some- you might want to search the forums for `hand polishes`

manmanSS
06-09-2006, 07:01 PM
I guess its time to buy a PC :) yay

thanks for all the info guys