PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss AW, I`m impressed!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Mike-in-WV
06-09-2006, 09:27 AM
Just tried the Duragloss AW over my 4 coats of Mothers Gold paste wax/cleaner combo and it has a super shine! Also noticed that there was a black road film (I guess) on the cloth. After washing the truck and rinsing with clear water I sprayed it on and wiped it down with a cotton cloth evenly and then polished the area with an all cotton cloth towel turning frequently. I applied two coats and stepped back and the sparkle and shine was amazing. Now I have to go back out and finish it. Next time I`ll try it while it`s still wet. Thanks for the tips guy`s, Mike

:heelclick

boybert00
06-09-2006, 11:16 AM
yep i got my AW in yesterday an i applied it over a layer of pink wax sweet :wow: i think this is a good product wonder how the durability will be :think2

shortspark
06-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Yesterday the mail delivered my recent Duragloss products - 751 Rain Repel Glass Cleaner; 951 Aquawax and 921 Fast Clean and Shine Detail Spray. I will try them this weekend.

Most people that have used the AW did as you and put it over a dry surface. Basically, using it this way, I would consider it in the category of something like Wolfgang`s Spritz or Menzerna`s HGAS. It is more of a protectant and lsp enhancer than a QD. Since I have their 921 detail spray, I think I`ll use the AW as suggested, when the vehicle is wet and then dry. I`ll probably use the 921 after that, or, use it as I do Poorboys SW which I use mostly for cleaning ability.

My truck has AIO/Werkstats Jett as LSP. From what I`ve read, AW contains no wax but rather is a polymer but that is only what one person reported. All my good toppers, like the Wolfgang, Menzerna and even FK425 (I believe) are not wax based and so are perfect for topping things like Klasse SG and Jett.

I guess what I`m saying is that the Duragloss detail spray will have to beat out the Poorboys SW for cleaning ability for me to use it very often. Then, the AW will have to beat out the HGAS and Wolfgang. Of course if it is close I will choose Duragloss due to price - the others are twice as expensive. It will be fun experimenting!!

AL-53
06-09-2006, 11:37 AM
Mike..

you will get better results putting it on after drying the car first...

And Glad you like it...and it is durable...it went 4 weeks with 3 of them rain and washes and still beads like it was just put on....not a bad product for the money..

I have used alot of the rage products like OCW...Wolfgang...4*...Sonus...S&G and this gives me the best results..as in shine...lasting...ease of use...and being available when I need it...and as far as durable..it does not get any easier than spraying monthly ...bi weekly to keep up the shine and protection....so easy....

Shorty..

there is no wax at all in Aquawax..just polymers....and I was a big user of PB`s S&W for dust and pollen and bird Sh!t and whatever...now I use FC&S and will keep using it...it is like S&W on steroids...

AL

Mike-in-WV
06-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the tips and info guy`s. I have been playing with many different waxes and cleaners over the past few years and some are great and some are very poor....in my opinion anyway.

This Duragloss is a winner and it will be used often.

Last year my wife bought two bottles of spray wax being sold on QVC and it works great too for the price. It`s kind of a blue /lavender color and after reading the label I believe it`s really Dupont Zynol and it says that it contains Zynol. It`s good but it doesn`t leave the shine this Durogloss does.

Tried several of the Turtle wax products and as always it`s still a good product too. Tried several McGuire`s and my favorite mothers too. Just haven`t found anything that gives the depth of shine and clean as the Duragloss.

All of this makes me wonder if it really pays to buy the high dollar products when these less priced products gives such great results? Mike

wannafbody
06-09-2006, 01:51 PM
IMO some moderately priced products look as good as or better than some of the more expensive products. Mothers Reflections topped with Duragloss AW would be one such combo.

shortspark
06-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Well, I could not wait until the weekend. I just finished an application of AW. I first used Poorboys SW since the truck was really clean anyway but the SW picked up what little dust might have settled sitting in the garage (I guess I should have tried the Duragloss 921 but just reached for the SW - old habits are hard to break!~!

As I said in my post above, I was going to use it right after a wash and rinse but decided to take Al`s advice and do it dry. It looks terrific! I`m sure it will look even better tomorrow. Of course, it is subtle since I have a billit silver Honda and basically, that is nothing more than a primer color. But it does shine and reflect as well as anything else I`ve used. I just can`t determine if it is better or more durable than the other stuff I use, at least not yet. I do know one thing - it sure costs a lot less!

PS-also used the 751 Rain Repel. It was put over clean windows, including the windshield, so I don`t know how it`s cleaning ability is. However, it went on very easily and left no streaks at all. I may not get any rain here in Texas until October so I won`t be able to report on how well it "repels" for quite some time.

SB_92_MX5
06-09-2006, 02:02 PM
I`ve been impressed with the Aquawax as well. My current detail consists of ColorX, Collinite IW topped with Aquawax. I believe my red Miata has never looked better....

As far as durability....my car is still beading exceptionally well and it`s been 3 weeks so far. Regardless of durability, ease of application almost nullifies long-term durability....

E-Jag
06-09-2006, 02:08 PM
I`m with Wannafbody, some OTC/moderately priced products are really hard to beat. One of my go-to`s is Megs #26, which would probably look great topped with AW. 845IW, which I use during football season (detailing does have it`s limits) might be another great combo with AW.

E-Jag

imported_reeeko99
06-09-2006, 02:47 PM
I did try AW on the freshly washed car the other night, before I began drying the vehicle I sprayed the Roof and wiped with a MF.

IMO, It seemed I had to work a little longer to get everything dry and streak free ???

( I`m wondering if I was to work the product in more as I dryed with the MF or let the streaks/AW dry on there own 100%??? I could tell if my MF was soaking up all the product and not getting it on the paint? )

I did notice more effort was required to wipe with the MF when the AW was on the wet surface.

Anyhow, By then the rest of my black Honda was water spotting/drying, so I finished drying the vehicle instead of AW/drying together. Grabbed the SG, removed the spots and went back over the rest of the vehicle with the AW.

I liked applying on the dry vehicle better. IMO.

I think this is a slick product and I`m not a quick wax detail type of guy.

This stuff leaves a very nice shine and works way better than the WAUD and other Quick Wax products i`ve tried.

I`ll get a better idea of how it works after our rain passes through this weekend and a trip on the gravel road to grandma`s in the Grand Caravan and let everyone know how it did beading wise.

I plan to make another run to CarQuest next week and see about getting a gallon of AW ordered and grab some 602/111 while I`m at it.

I`d love to see some picks /comparison of SW vs. the Fast Shine Detailer.

I`m really liking SW, but if I can replace it with a product purchased locally. I`m in and the wife would be none the wiser on my excessive purchases of product. LOL.

Have a great weekend everyone and thanks for all the tips.

Reeeko

Mike-in-WV
06-09-2006, 02:55 PM
well, gota tell ya guys....I put 3 coats of duragloss on and my wife said it hurts her eyes when she walks by and wants to know when I`m going to do her car,Lol.

I really like the way I don`t have to worry about all the black trim on this Tacoma and in fact I need the mirrors with Duragloss and the black plastic grill and all the trim looks beautiful!. No white in the in any of the trim either.

When applying this stuff I just sprayed it on and used a cotton cloth to even it out without rubbing it to hard and then polished it all with a very soft cotton towel. Sure feels nice when your doing it and it`s so slick old Bow Duke would end up in the next county if he ever hood slided this truck,Lol.

imported_Larry A
06-09-2006, 02:59 PM
My 2 favorette spray waxes are Nano spray wax and Aquawax. Nano because it hides minor scratches on dark colored cars, and Aquawax because it makes everthing else pop, its super slick, the beads are unreal. A good trick on dark cars is to use Nano to hide the scratches and Aquawax to lock it in. Even doing the car twice only takes 15 minutes.

imported_reeeko99
06-09-2006, 03:08 PM
well, gota tell ya guys....I put 3 coats of duragloss on and my wife said it hurts her eyes when she walks by and wants to know when I`m going to do her car,Lol.

I really like the way I don`t have to worry about all the black trim on this Tacoma and in fact I need the mirrors with Duragloss and the black plastic grill and all the trim looks beautiful!. No white in the in any of the trim either.

When applying this stuff I just sprayed it on and used a cotton cloth to even it out without rubbing it to hard and then polished it all with a very soft cotton towel. Sure feels nice when your doing it and it`s so slick old Bow Duke would end up in the next county if he ever hood slided this truck,Lol.

Mike,

Ditto. I HATE products that stain and require you to go back and touch up trim.

AW didn`t do that for me at all. Unlike #16.

I haven`t had the nerve to try it on the windows yet.

wannafbody
06-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Mike in WV- learn about microfiber towells. they are much better than cotton

Bioman
06-09-2006, 03:46 PM
How does AW look over dark metallics?