PDA

View Full Version : I still don`t understand ...

Rsxer
06-08-2006, 10:09 PM
I still don`t understand why I would use OP before AIO ... I realize that i am suppose to do it that way but it just make more sence to me if you did AIO then OP. Wound`t the AIO remove the OP that was just placed on before that?

Thanks ... for helping a confused fool :rolleyes:

Setec Astronomy
06-08-2006, 10:18 PM
OP shouldn`t be leaving anything to remove, whereas AIO leaves some acryilic protection. OP has polishing action, while AIO`s polishing action is minute, it acts mostly as a cleaner to prepare the surface.

imported_Bence
06-09-2006, 05:48 AM
Yes, as Mike said. OP will prepare the finish without adding anything to it, AIO further refines it and adds a little protection base.

Polishes just leave a bare surface and OP doesn`t contain fillers, etc., so you have to protect it. Then comes the RMG (optional) and your Natty`s Blue.

Rsxer
06-09-2006, 07:38 AM
ohhhhhh OK .. thanks ... so what if you had a polish with a lot of fillers does the same apply or would AIO get rid of the fillers?

Accumulator
06-09-2006, 08:50 AM
ohhhhhh OK .. thanks ... so what if you had a polish with a lot of fillers does the same apply or would AIO get rid of the fillers?

Ah, you`re catching on :xyxthumbs

Yeah, non-filling products just do the abrasive/mechanical leveling and leave nothing behind. Products that *do* contain "fillers" leave those fillers behind in whatever flaws (scratches, pits, micro-fissures) are still there.

If you use a cleaner like AIO after a product containing fillers, the AIO will clean off those fillers and any remaining marring will appear to "come back".

I had this happen the last time I used a cleaner-wax type product after Meguiar`s #80. The #80 *did* mechanically/abrasively remove a lot of the marring, but it filled/concealed some too, and that residual marring reappeared after I used the cleaner.

FWIW, I don`t have a big issue with fillers as long as the user knows what`s going on. Just seal `em in with a long lasting, non-cleaning LSP and see how long it takes for all the marring to reappear.

Rsxer
06-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Ah, you`re catching on :xyxthumbs

Yeah, non-filling products just do the abrasive/mechanical leveling and leave nothing behind. Products that *do* contain "fillers" leave those fillers behind in whatever flaws (scratches, pits, micro-fissures) are still there.

If you use a cleaner like AIO after a product containing fillers, the AIO will clean off those fillers and any remaining marring will appear to "come back".

I had this happen the last time I used a cleaner-wax type product after Meguiar`s #80. The #80 *did* mechanically/abrasively remove a lot of the marring, but it filled/concealed some too, and that residual marring reappeared after I used the cleaner.

FWIW, I don`t have a big issue with fillers as long as the user knows what`s going on. Just seal `em in with a long lasting, non-cleaning LSP and see how long it takes for all the marring to reappear.

Thanks .. having a guru like you saying that to me makes me feel good HAHA :hifive:

does RMG and scratchx contain fillers? or what is a product that contains a lot of fillers except for the 3m stuff because it is to hard to get my hands on ..