PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Crystal Mist Quick Detailer

imported_buffer
06-08-2006, 06:29 PM
I am going to try Souveran this year and was wondering about their quick detailer. Has anyone tried it? I was wondering if it would compliment the Souveran Wax better than say Mothers quick detailer that I use now. I have tried a couple of quick detailers and so far Mothers seems to be the best for a no streak shine.

Thanks

-Lebowski-
06-08-2006, 06:34 PM
Do a search you will find tons on info on the both.

imported_Amused
06-08-2006, 06:49 PM
Crystal Mist is nice, but not worth the money.

I much prefer ClearKote Quik Shine. I use it on both carnauba and sealants.

drck1000
06-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Crystal Mist is nice, but not worth the money.

I much prefer ClearKote Quik Shine. I use it on both carnauba and sealants.

Haha. Just ordered Crystal Mist almost a week ago and am waiting on delivery. Bought it specifically for upkeep of the car that I topped with Natty`s Blue. I also have Quikshine, but had preferred something with carnauba in it to "boost" after washing and renew the carnauba and oils lost after the initial application.

It is my understanding that QS doesn`t have any carnauba, sealants, silcones, fillers, etc. in it. Correct?

Pennypacker
06-08-2006, 10:30 PM
It`s one of the nicest smelling products that`s for sure! Just use sparingly. I`ve never used the Mother`s QD, but you should have no streaking problems whatsoever with CM. I never did.

lpablo
06-08-2006, 10:41 PM
I thought ClearKote QS, U.G.E., and Poorboy`s are silicone based and do not have any wax or sealant properties. And do not last as long( in days term) compared to Crystal Mist and Sonus Acrylic Spritz which are made specific for wax or sealant.

drck1000
06-09-2006, 09:43 AM
I thought ClearKote QS, U.G.E., and Poorboy`s are silicone based and do not have any wax or sealant properties. And do not last as long( in days term) compared to Crystal Mist and Sonus Acrylic Spritz which are made specific for wax or sealant.

From Clearkote`s website about QS: "Contains no Teflons, silicones, alcohol or abrasives."

I thought I read somewhere that it also doesn`t include any carnauba or sealants and something about that`s the reason why it`s such a versatile product and excellent for use on a wide range of surfaces. That said, I haven`t used my bottle of QS for very much. Use it mostly for glass now.

Z06_Pilot
06-09-2006, 10:38 AM
I top all my vehicles with Souveran, so Crystal Mist is the only QD I will ever use. the price? yea, it`s high, but if you are a Souveran user, a container costs $70, so big deal.

It contains the Souveran wax so I look at it like I am continually adding to my carnauba protection by using it.

I`m not a pro detailer, just do it for my personal cars, and nothing is too good for them.

And as someone else said, it smells fantastic!

docker
06-09-2006, 11:12 AM
I am going to try Souveran this year and was wondering about their quick detailer. Has anyone tried it? I was wondering if it would compliment the Souveran Wax better than say Mothers quick detailer that I use now. I have tried a couple of quick detailers and so far Mothers seems to be the best for a no streak shine.

Thanks

Yes, CM is a good choice and is almost worth the $`s. Another good one to try, for fewer $`s, is PB QW+.