PDA

View Full Version : Klasse Althernative

Pages : [1] 2

wing122
06-08-2006, 10:26 AM
I currently have a silver RX300(it`s my parents, but I take care of it).

It has oil stains from where my mom`s working and she park there all the time. Every car there end up with little spot of oil. I already have the mother`s claybar.

Quick question for that: Do you use the quick detailer as the lubricant?

The other thing is, I`m looking for a wax/sealant that protects the car for around 6 months or so with each application. The reason I`m looking for this kind of stuff is that it is hard to take care of the paint during winter.

Other than Klasse which I heard changes the colour property of a car. What other choices are there that`s not too costly. Around $50 Canadian/US.

Thanks all.

GeorgePaul
06-08-2006, 12:50 PM
I already have the mother`s claybar. Quick question for that: Do you use the quick detailer as the lubricant?

Yes

The other thing is, I`m looking for a wax/sealant that protects the car for around 6 months or so with each application. Other than Klasse which I heard changes the colour property of a car. What other choices are there that`s not too costly. Around $50 Canadian/US..

Lots of people like Collinite #845 and #476s. BTW, I use Klasse and haven`t seen any "colour property" changes on my car.

s2skimon
06-08-2006, 01:17 PM
klasse alternative = werkstatt

drck1000
06-08-2006, 01:45 PM
I have both AIO and SG. I would say that AIO is probablyt he product that I use the most for MANY different applications.

Another alternative to Klasse AIO/SG would be FK1 215/2180. I have 2180, but haven`t had a chance to try just yet. I understand that it`s a little tricker to apply than SG and that it`s removal is easier. However, I have never had any problems with removing SG. I think I was applying thin and assume so since haven`t had a problem with removal.

wing122
06-08-2006, 06:49 PM
Are those easy to find in Toronto?

How about poorboy`s products?

I really have no clue what I should use. Currently I do have a bit of swirls(not noticeable on a light color car) so hopefully something that can get rid of that after claying.

OK...so I read like all the titles in 28 pages of detailing products and picked the ones I feel interested in.

AIO + SG/Zaino(i`m still not sure what number)/AJ(dun think i can find it in Canada)

Poorboy`s EX-P, Natty Original/Blue(what`s the difference).

Meguiars #21(sounds pretty interesting)

Zymol recommended by Kirk from Purdon...sounds pricey tho...

I guess the bottom line for me is. Something that isn`t that hard to get in Toronto.

I can do washing+claying. As for prep(i need to know which one is a good prep, AIO?)

Since this is a silver metallic color, I`m not sure if I want shiny/wet, or flaky...opinions needed.

Lastly...durability especially for the winter....

foxtrapper
06-09-2006, 05:57 AM
Oil soaks into the paint, it doesn`t stick on the surface like a particle. Claying is great, but it does its thing at removing surface contaminants, not soaked in ones. For that, you want some sort of detergent action.

Klasse doesn`t have paint changing properties any more than any other acrylic product. White cars don`t become green, and red cars don`t turn blue. Any wax type product changes the appearance by changing the surface reflectivity, and whatever optical properties it has for light transmission.

wing122
06-09-2006, 06:38 AM
Oil soaks into the paint, it doesn`t stick on the surface like a particle. Claying is great, but it does its thing at removing surface contaminants, not soaked in ones. For that, you want some sort of detergent action.

Klasse doesn`t have paint changing properties any more than any other acrylic product. White cars don`t become green, and red cars don`t turn blue. Any wax type product changes the appearance by changing the surface reflectivity, and whatever optical properties it has for light transmission.

So, wash it with like Dawn?

foxtrapper
06-09-2006, 07:01 AM
Yes, something like Dawn will work well on oil. Because it`s soaked into the paint, it`ll take some work.

You will probably get some replies decrying Dawn as the incarnate of Satan himself, but chemically, it`s a run of the mill detergent, just like most car washes. Just a bit more concentrated. I do find Dawn difficult to get rinsed off cleanly and completely though.

Many polishes contain oils to help "rejuvenate" the paint, just like the oil spots you`ve got here. In fact it`s an old old trick to shine up faded paint with an oily rag.

imported_mburnickas
06-09-2006, 07:25 AM
Poorboy`s EX-P, Natty Original/Blue(what`s the difference).

PoorBoy EXP is a sealant and there Natty is the wax you put on after EXP to give it a wet look. The Blue is for dark car etc.

I just order some Jeff werkstatt products to see how they do.

wing122
06-09-2006, 07:34 AM
Yes, something like Dawn will work well on oil. Because it`s soaked into the paint, it`ll take some work.

You will probably get some replies decrying Dawn as the incarnate of Satan himself, but chemically, it`s a run of the mill detergent, just like most car washes. Just a bit more concentrated. I do find Dawn difficult to get rinsed off cleanly and completely though.

Many polishes contain oils to help "rejuvenate" the paint, just like the oil spots you`ve got here. In fact it`s an old old trick to shine up faded paint with an oily rag.

What else can I use to get rid of the oil spot. There is some tree sap too, but i`m sure claying should get those out.

bluzman
06-09-2006, 08:31 PM
You could try Wolfgang Deep Gloss paint sealant instead of the klasse!! It comes off alot easier then the Klasse SG!

Thomas Dekany
06-09-2006, 09:46 PM
I have both AIO and SG. I would say that AIO is probablyt he product that I use the most for MANY different applications.

Another alternative to Klasse AIO/SG would be FK1 215/2180. I have 2180, but haven`t had a chance to try just yet. I understand that it`s a little tricker to apply than SG and that it`s removal is easier. However, I have never had any problems with removing SG. I think I was applying thin and assume so since haven`t had a problem with removal.

Actually FK1`s = to AIO is #216 - and I can tell you that it will look fantastic on silver.

wing122
06-10-2006, 01:31 PM
Actually FK1`s = to AIO is #216 - and I can tell you that it will look fantastic on silver.

I`m sorry. I did read through most of the forum but what is FK1?

Also, if it`s hard to get in Canada. I probably will opt for something easily accessible, but better than the OTC stuff.

fcnghkkc
06-11-2006, 12:39 AM
Did you think of ordering off the web. www.eshine.ca seems to have a complete arsenal of detailing products that people recommend on this website. It`s located in Ontario so delivery is fast and no duty taxes. I`m thinking of ordering from them this time. Check the site out. Good luck. :wavey

imported_mburnickas
06-11-2006, 04:37 AM
eshine looks good but it is me or there prices seem kind of high?