PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a detailer that`s good with a rotary - DC area

FlimFlam
06-07-2006, 10:27 AM
I had a go at working out the swirls in the paint on my recently purchased 2001 Audi A6 last weekend. After working over just the hood several times with Menzerna IP + the Sonus orange pad on a PC, I only managed to remove 50% of the swirls. I`ve come to the conclusion that it would probably be easier to have the flaws worked out with something a bit more heavy duty. However, I haven`t the gumption or the confidence to operate a rotary on my own - I figure it`d be cheaper to have the car properly worked over by someone that`s a bit more competent than myself.

Thusly, I`m looking for someone that is in the Washington DC area (Rockville area, specifically, but I`m fairly flexible, and am willing to travel in the area) that`s willing to work on my semi-neglected car and it`s hard paint. OK, so the person doesn`t necessarily HAVE to have a rotary tool, but given how hard it was to work with the PC....

Thomas Dekany
06-08-2006, 07:14 PM
I am here. Live in Fairfax, but since I am mobile, it doesn`t really matter. :D Let me know what days you want next week. I am booked Monday, Tuesday, wednesday already next week.

FlimFlam
06-08-2006, 11:29 PM
I am here. Live in Fairfax, but since I am mobile, it doesn`t really matter. :D Let me know what days you want next week. I am booked Monday, Tuesday, wednesday already next week.

Cool! It won`t be right away, might be in a few weeks or so - alas, work has me booked up, too. :) What`s your preferred method of contact, just to facilitate setting things up?

Thomas Dekany
06-09-2006, 09:33 PM
Cool! It won`t be right away, might be in a few weeks or so - alas, work has me booked up, too. :) What`s your preferred method of contact, just to facilitate setting things up?

Call my cell phone any time - 703 966 1119