PDA

View Full Version : removing eyeliner from the headliner

twitch
06-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Going to attempt to remove eyeliner from the headliner of a Scion TC. The driver my girlfriend obviously, by a LONGshot, missed her eye and hit the headliner with the brush :wall . Don`t worry she recieved her lashing :D but she really feels bad about the spot because she does like to take care of (have me detail) her car.

What would the best course of action? I`m thinking of Woolite and warm water but I don`t know if it will be strong enough.

Would a bit of steam help this situation?

Any info would be great. Thanks!

GeneralEclectic
06-06-2006, 01:46 PM
she recieved her lashing

Well, that`s in the running for the worst pun in all of Autopia. :chuckle:

I`ve had a lot of success cleaning headliners of fingerprints, Brylcreme, and other unidentifiable spots using 70% isopropyl alcohol. I think that would work on eyeliner, but you could always make a smudge of the stuff (assuming that the "lashing" wasn`t too severe!) and see how it responds to alcohol.

I keep a small Ortho garden sprayer with a quart or two of isopropyl in it so it`s ready to spray on greasy spots in the interior. It always washes clean and will dissolve many organics without a trace. If you don`t have isopropyl in stock, get it at Wallyworld. You can get a quart of 70% there for something like $1.19 in the drugstore department. Cheapest I`ve seen anywhere.

Ed Fisher
06-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Wow !! THAT LONG EYELASHES ?? She must be one headturner man !! Forget about the car and take care of her instead... :grinno:

chml17l
06-06-2006, 03:27 PM
See if you can find out if the eyeliner is water or oil based. The IPA suggestion may work fine if it is water-based. But if it is oil-based, I`d try some 3M Adhesive Remover or Goo-Gone.