PDA

View Full Version : klasse aio detail spray

ricks350z
06-06-2006, 12:38 PM
I was browsing through klassedire.com and notice about their detailer spray. It stated that you can just add water and a little bit of klasse aio to make a detail spray. Has anyone done this? How effective is it when using with aio/sg?

per http://klassedirect.com/5minutedetail.html

Another great attribute of Klasse All-in-One is that it is water soluble in its liquid form. So all you have to do is take an empty and cleaned out 16 oz bottle and add 2-3 ounces of Klasse All-in-One and fill the bottle with water. Just shake and spray and wipe. This is great for giving your car or boat or plane or whatever that just waxed look and feel in 5-10 minutes and not waste the Klasse All-in-One.

01bluecls
06-06-2006, 12:43 PM
I have heard of people doing this but what would worry me is that AIO has pretty good amount of chemical cleansers. Even in a diluted form I would worry about it dimishing what wax/sealant is currently on the vehicle. I could see this being useful as a quick stand alone spray wax type with some decent cleaning abilites. If I had just applied souveran on the paint I definetly wouldnt use this method until I knew the souveran was gone and needed a quick "spray wax" clean up to hold me over until the next actual wax session.

EMazda3S
06-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Yeah, this one doesn`t make too much sense to me unless all you use is AIO. It may remove a lot of what`s on there including Klasse`s SG because as noted, AIO is a fairly strong chemical cleaner.

The ticket would be using the mixture with SG as a few here do. Member Shortspark uses and loves a SG/Distilled water QD frequently and I have read of others using this mixture as well.

Eric

ricks350z
06-06-2006, 01:02 PM
I called klassedirect and spoke to Brian. He stated you can use it as a spray detailer with the aio/sg only but not with other wax product (i.e p21s, pinnacle, souveran, etc). In my opinion, you can use the sonus carnauba spritz over the wax.

shortspark
06-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Yeah, this one doesn`t make too much sense to me unless all you use is AIO. It may remove a lot of what`s on there including Klasse`s SG because as noted, AIO is a fairly strong chemical cleaner.

The ticket would be using the mixture with SG as a few here do. Member Shortspark uses and loves a SG/Distilled water QD frequently and I have read of others using this mixture as well.

Eric

Yes Eric, I like the SG spray a lot. I use one part SG and three parts distilled water. I suppose there are other ratios that might work but this one is fine for me. I find it is best sprayed with a mister bottle rather than a sprayer. I can`t imagine AIO as a "detail" spray no matter what the ratio but then again I never tried it. I would think it would remove whatever you had on the paint everytime it was used, be it SG, a spritz, whatever. I mean, that is part of AIOs reason for being.

I use the SG homebrew over my AIO/SG lsp as a "rejuvenator" of sorts. It adds shine and gloss too although it does not clean as well as many dedicated true QDs. But I`ve got Poorboys SW for that. I`ve tried this homebrew on one of my truck panels (billit silver color) right next to other panels with Menzerna`s HGAS and FK425. They are all pretty close with a tad more shine maybe going to HGAS. But too close, at least on my color, to matter.

I don`t use much SG since I only AIO/SG my truck twice a year (even at that, this time around I tried Jeffs Jett in place of SG). So, I`ve got a lot of SG left and this "enhancer" as I call it is a good way to use it up.

TortoiseAWD
06-07-2006, 08:35 AM
I`ve used AIO/water as a detail spray over SG with no problems. The dose makes the poison, as they say . . . in diluted form, AIO doesn`t appear to have the chemical strength to break down the existing layers of SG, but the cleaners are still strong enough to work well on surface grime, fingerprints, etc, and there`s still enough acrylic left to add some slickness back to the surface.

YMMV, but it`s worked OK for me.

Tort

P.S. Diluted AIO makes an awesome kitchen cleaner; does a great job on the fridge, stove, sinks, countertops, etc.

EMazda3S
06-07-2006, 10:27 AM
I`ve used AIO/water as a detail spray over SG with no problems. The dose makes the poison, as they say . . . in diluted form, AIO doesn`t appear to have the chemical strength to break down the existing layers of SG, but the cleaners are still strong enough to work well on surface grime, fingerprints, etc, and there`s still enough acrylic left to add some slickness back to the surface.

YMMV, but it`s worked OK for me.

Tort

P.S. Diluted AIO makes an awesome kitchen cleaner; does a great job on the fridge, stove, sinks, countertops, etc.

Tort, did you use it in the 2-3 ounces to 16 ounces of water that Klasse Direct recommends or a different dilution? I`m surprised that it doesn`t remove the SG but intrigued because of the cleaning power and slickness enhancement. This would likely make it better that the SG mixture because of the cleaning properties.

Eric

TortoiseAWD
06-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Eric,

I didn`t measure exactly, but yeah, it was about 2 oz. AIO to 14 oz. water (used a 16 oz. bottle, and eyeballed the AIO). I`d suggest starting with around an ounce and tweak it from there; you obviously don`t want to get the mix too strong.

I think of the diluted AIO as a QD, and diluted SG as a "spray booster" (that is, I`d use the diluted SG only on a pretty clean car, or after a wash).

Tort

EMazda3S
06-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Thanks very much Shortspark and Tort.

Excellent info in this thread. I think I`m going to give both the AIO and the SG QD`s a try.

An excuse to go and get some more spray bottles and besides that, I probably have 25 years of Klasse product left if I just used it the regular way.

Eric