PDA

View Full Version : Advice please. :)

fcnghkkc
06-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Hello Autopia members. Excellent site. I have been reading the threads and have come up with this choice. I will be detailing two cars when I head back home for vacation. The two cars are a black 99 Nissan Maxima and a silver 05 Honda Accord. Both cars have been neglected since I went overseas for work. I don`t have the time to purchase a PC since I will arrive home in a few days and only stay for 5 days. So, I will have to detail by hand. I have some Klasse AIO from 2002. Is it still ok to use Klasse after sitting for 4 years? Please enlighten me. First, the Maxima is heavily swirled and I don`t know what the condition is at this moment since I left in 2002. What product should I use to minimize the swirls? I know it is impossible to fully remove all swirls without a PC. It should be easy to apply and remove please. :) Hopefully the steps I take for the detail is acceptable: Here it goes:

1. Meguiars wash (forgot I had in 2002 and will use what I have left)

2. Clay (advice on product please)

3. Swirl remover by hand (advice on product to use)

4. Klasse AIO

5. Pinnacle Souv or Sig II?

For the Honda, the condition of the paint is unknown. Car gets no shelter and no detailing since bought new. Minimal swirls or webbing. Steps for detailing:

1. Same as above.

2. Clay.

3. Klasses AIO

5. Same as above.

Forgot, the Honda Accord has leather. Should I use Lexol cleaner and conditioner or is there something that even performs even better? Please advise. :)

Please advise on the products to use. I`ll be in Toronto for the 5 days. I can order from States or purchase locally. Thanks in advance. :)