PDA

View Full Version : Werkstatt Prime vs final polishes

xinkid
06-06-2006, 08:24 AM
I have a question about the use of a "final polish" like SSR1 before using Werkstatt Prime. Is that necessary after SSR2.5? Do any of you have experience with using Prime as a final polish/cleaner for prep? or do you use a final polish before Prime?

ZaneO
06-06-2006, 08:53 AM
It will depend on the particular paint`s hardness/softness, the color of the paint, pad choice, etc.

Sometimes you can move from 2.5 to AIO/Prime; sometimes you can`t.

EMazda3S
06-06-2006, 09:18 AM
I have to wonder about Prime Strong in this case. Maybe it would make a better finishing polish than the regular version of Prime?

xinkid
06-06-2006, 09:25 AM
Do you think it would work with fairly soft 91 toyota red paint? What pad would you use? polishing or finishing?

imported_eLrEyNaDa
08-23-2006, 09:52 PM
up! i want to know more about Prime as a final polish :)

Evenflow
08-23-2006, 10:03 PM
I have a question about the use of a "final polish" like SSR1 before using Werkstatt Prime. Is that necessary after SSR2.5? Do any of you have experience with using Prime as a final polish/cleaner for prep? or do you use a final polish before Prime?

As Zane said, its all up to what pads you use. I found that even with a polishing pad and SSR 2.5, I was left with some hazing. Thats typical, because Ford black has a tendancy to haze up quite a bit. But then again, I have also seen SSR2.5 with a light cutting pad finish down LSP ready.

Scottwax
08-24-2006, 12:22 AM
Do you think it would work with fairly soft 91 toyota red paint? What pad would you use? polishing or finishing?

I`d go with a finishing pad first, if that isn`t enough, go with a polishing pad. No one can really tell you what pad to use or not use. Just start with the least aggressive one and move up as needed.