PDA

View Full Version : Klasse twins about 8mnths Ago

red7jase
06-05-2006, 06:24 PM
I applied the twins about 8 mnths ago for the 1st time (car still looks great after each wash) I feel its prob time to to re-apply.

Does anyone have any advice for me or do i just clay and then then the twins as i did last time. I only used 1 coat of SG last time shall i use more this time?

cheers

shortspark
06-05-2006, 07:37 PM
I applied the twins about 8 mnths ago for the 1st time (car still looks great after each wash) I feel its prob time to to re-apply.

Does anyone have any advice for me or do i just clay and then then the twins as i did last time. I only used 1 coat of SG last time shall i use more this time?

cheers

Some people say six coats of SG looks best. I`ve tried four but settled with three. After three coats it is a matter of diminishing returns and not really worth the effort. It takes 12 hours between coats and you need to keep the car in the garage during this time and not drive it at all. If you do, you will need to use Poorboys SW or an actual shampoo, depending on how dirty you get it.

I do AIO/SG every six months, however, because my truck is garage kept, not driven in bad weather and sprayed with a QD several times a week, it could probably go longer. But I think twice a year is not too much to ask.

But to mention again, I think you will be able to tell a difference between one coat of SG and three. After that I don`t think many people can. And don`t forget, you can rejuvenate your application after every wash with a mixture of one part SG to three parts distilled water and use as a QD type (wowo method). It really adds gloss and prolongs the protecton - cheap too!

spotter
06-06-2006, 02:15 AM
I usually just clay, AIO, and then SG. The next morning I put another layer of SG if i have time. If not, I just wait until the next time I wash the car and then add another layer of SG until I have either 2 or 3 layers or SG.