PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Process

04JBPWRX
06-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Hi,

I`ve recently become disappointed with the paint on my car (black 04 WRX)... Here`s what`s on the car so far this year:

2 coats of Z2

1 coat of Z5

Random Z6 sprays in between

Always washed with Z7

I plan on doing the following to remove all the swirls and holograms (all by hand):

Dawn wash

Clay

Dawn wash

ZPC

Z5

Z6 spray

Z2

Z6 spray

Now a few questions... Do these steps seem right? Should this remove my swirls and hazziness? Should I do more than 1 coat of Z5 or Z2 throughout this process? Can I replace the ZPC application with ScratchX? Should I use Z2PRO instead? Should I use the new Z8 spray somewhere in the process?

Thanks for your time and answers!

fabulman
06-05-2006, 07:38 PM
The steps are fine, but black is not an easy color to remove swirls and hazziness by hand. I would suggest that you invest on a PC and work your ZPC with a white pad. You could finish with a black pad and ZPC and then Z5 ...

JMV
06-05-2006, 07:45 PM
and you can always add another coat of Z2 (preferably Z2pro) on top for further depth and shine. I just got some Z8, and while i think it does help, it doesn`t seem like its worth $20 for the bottle. IMO anywho.

04JBPWRX
06-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the advice but I dont really have the cash for a PC... maybe in a few weeks though!

And on a side note, I just found out Z5PRO is available through zaino.ca! Gonna get me some of that!

wannafbody
06-05-2006, 09:19 PM
go to Big Lots and get an orbital sander for $20- order a set of 3 pads and you can remove swirls. you can always get the more expensive PC later.