PDA

View Full Version : using 2 diff waxes to layer

Iluv2zmzm
06-05-2006, 06:08 AM
Is it okay to use 2 different waxes when layering?? when i detailed my car 2 mos ago i used Turtle Wax Platinum to bring out the high gloss shine and then about an hour later topped that with NXT to really make the paint pop....

Is this not the best thing to do??

I have read thru some topics of wax layering but did not come across one discussing 2 diff waxes.....

thanks

imported_steveo3002
06-05-2006, 06:50 AM
you can layer certain waxes/sealants , im not sure those ones you mentioned are a ideal combo

perhaps consider using the nxt first and then a carnuaba wax on top, something like p21s

imported_Surfer
06-05-2006, 06:53 AM
NXT has some cleaning ability so it might actually remove all or part of your first layer. Maybe do NXT and then follow up with whatever wax that has no cleaners. Pry the best look I`ve seen for wettness and depth, top Natty`s blue with a little Souveran.... :wow:

Alfisti
06-05-2006, 07:16 AM
Both the waxes you`ve used are cleaner/waxes, and contain pretty strong cleaners. What that means is that which ever order you use them in, one will seriously compromise the other. Even their chemistries may interfere with each other. :nixweiss

You can use either one as a base and top with a LSP without cleaners (or minimal cleaners), as has been suggested.

I find that, even with cleaner/waxes, if you apply two coats in row the results look, feel, and last better than just one coat. Maybe try that with just one product and see how you go.