PDA

View Full Version : Looking to fix my paint... need some opinions

Jaguar280
06-05-2006, 02:14 AM
hey guys...

gonna be fixing the paint on my car (black gp) next weekend ... i had to use the auto wash in the winter and it scratched my paint pretty bad... i just wanna show u guys what im gonna do to make sure i have everything in the right order... thanks in advance for the help

process..

1. wash

2. clay

3. second wash

4. sonus paintwork cleanser

5. sonus sfx-1 with yellow sfx pad

6. sonus sfx-2 with white sfx pad

7. sonus sfx-3 with blue sfx pad

8. klasse all in one with blue sfx pad

9. meguiars show car glaze (can you do more than one coat?) with blue sfx pad

10. p21s carnauba wax with blue sfx pad

im not too sure if i need the sfx-1 though... how do i know if i need it? or should i do the sfx-2 first then if it still has scratches hit it with the sfx-1?

thanks guys!

Ed Fisher
06-05-2006, 02:20 AM
Any pics of the scratches and swirls ?? Maybe you do not need all of those or maybe you even need wet sanding...

Jaguar280
06-05-2006, 09:44 AM
yea ill try to get some pics later today

Jaguar280
06-05-2006, 12:13 PM
here are the pics

Ed Fisher
06-05-2006, 12:28 PM
Well seems like damage no 1 (pic 0009) needs some agressive approach.

The rest should be OK with the line up you indicated in your first post.

As for the worst of damage, start off with your line up but make sure you work a bit longer on it. Is your machine a rotary or orbital ? If rotary, be careful as the damae is close to the hood lip... Tilt your pad and spray some QD as you go.

If it is an orbital, keep working on it for a bit longer than usual by back and forth motions as you see what the result is.

I would` ve started by hand if I were you though. Thus you would get a better feel as to what you can achieve and not. If you succeed, you may save some time with the machines...

If you fail for the damage on pic 0009, wet sanding with a 3000 grit will come handy. Do not worry about what it sounds like, it is not all that hard and dangerous once you watch what you are doing...

Good luck...

Jaguar280
06-05-2006, 02:21 PM
thx for the help murat

is the meguiars glaze in the right spot or should i do it before the klasse?

p.s. im workin with a porter cable

Ed Fisher
06-05-2006, 09:27 PM
thx for the help murat

is the meguiars glaze in the right spot or should i do it before the klasse?

p.s. im workin with a porter cable

I` d use NXT since Klasse is not available here. Or Meg`s miracle glaze followed by gold class wax...

Jaguar280
06-06-2006, 07:16 AM
well i already have all the supplies here that i bought from last year... but should i use the meg`s glaze after i have sealed it with the klasse or before?

imported_themightytimmah
06-06-2006, 07:34 AM
Definetly after, Klasse will remove Meg`s Glaze. I`d consider skipping the Klasse if I were you, as the Megs doesnt really need help with bonding, and AIO tends to highlight any paint defects that might be there.

Jaguar280
06-06-2006, 02:55 PM
what about a sealant.... dont i need to seal the paint or should i be fine with the line up i have? if so what would u recommend?

thanks