PDA

View Full Version : dryer machine for microfiber

III
03-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Who dries their microfibers in the dryer until they are completely dry? I usually will use the dryer until the towels are just a tad damp, then line dry in the basement. I`m wondering if I should change my methods?
Do you think there`s less static electricity doing it part dryer/part line dry?

Poorboy
03-11-2005, 05:06 PM
your way is the way I usually do it too...try using a dehumidifier in the room and the will dry real nice:)

JaredPointer
03-11-2005, 05:09 PM
I do it your way as well. Drying completely in the dryer would seem like it would cause more static electricity, but this is just my blind opinion.

Nickc0844
03-12-2005, 12:04 AM
Your absolutely right Jared; drying completely in the dryer leads to more static electricity. However, with my detailing business, the last thing I need is to spend more time cleaning up supplies...that`s a major time eater for me.

I personally dry them all the way in the dryer, then fold up and store away until their next use. I have not seen any adverse affects to the MF`s themselves, nor any effect with a little added static electricity (which goes away by the time I use them anyhow storing in outside cabinets).

Hopefully, this adds another perspective, and my method might not be the "best" one available, but it`s a time saving method for sure.

Patrick
03-12-2005, 01:40 AM
Im with you John, hi heat is not kind to the fibers, I dry on low heat, and leave slightly damp.......

tubafeak
03-12-2005, 08:19 AM
I use low heat and dry them on the casual setting. This gets them dry without being too static-filled. One thing I will almost always do is run them through a second spin cycle. It doesn`t hurt the towels at all and it gets most of the water out.