PDA

View Full Version : Which is the most mild CAR WASH

oak3x
06-04-2006, 05:52 AM
In comparing Griots Car Wash, Meguiars #00 and TOL Bubble Bath, which would you consider most mild?

SilverLexus
06-04-2006, 07:00 AM
I would pick another choice: P21S Bodywork Shampoo. Very mild but effective.

Accumulator
06-04-2006, 08:39 AM
Haven`t tried the TOL Bubble Bath, but Meg`s 00 is milder than the Griot`s.

Of course how you mix it up makes a difference too. FWIW, the Griot`s is easy enough on LSPs that I never use 00 (or any other wash) any more.

stilez
06-04-2006, 08:44 AM
(in order of gentleness)

TOL Bubble Bath

Griot`s

PB SS&S

I think they are all excellent washes, but for *my* money, I find TOL`s BB at the top. The price really can`t be beat for what you are recieving.

Pennypacker
06-04-2006, 09:30 AM
Of course how you mix it up makes a difference too. FWIW, the Griot`s is easy enough on LSPs that I never use 00 (or any other wash) any more.

Accumulator, what dilution do you use for the Griot`s? Thanks

imported_Amused
06-04-2006, 01:00 PM
From the list...Griots Car Wash, Meguiars #00 and TOL Bubble Bath, I would go with TOL Bubble Bath.

I also find Optimum Car Wash to be nice as well. I use both as my regular shampoos for conventional and foam gun washing.

DM101
06-04-2006, 01:46 PM
I don`y think anyone has tested thank, so you get opinions. Any of the three you said in the correct dilution should be ok.

Accumulator
06-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Accumulator, what dilution do you use for the Griot`s? Thanks

In a six gallon bucket, I use 3-4 pumps from my gallon-bottle`s pump dispenser. But note that I`m also using a foamgun so I don`t need a very strong wash solution. IIRC though, I didn`t use much more *before* I started using the foamgun.

I sure don`t use the rule-of-thumb mix of 1 oz shampoo per gallon, that always seemed too strong.

SayNoToPistons
06-04-2006, 02:20 PM
sorry for the thread jack but whats TOL bubble bath? is it from topoftheline.com? and how would you rate meg`s gold class wash (thats what i use).

Accumulator
06-04-2006, 02:49 PM
whats TOL bubble bath? is it from topoftheline.com?

Yeah, it`s their house-brand shampoo.

..how would you rate meg`s gold class wash (thats what i use).

Didn`t have enough lubricity for me (compared to the Griot`s) but plenty of people here like it. It`s probably the benchmark for OTC shampoos that`re both inexpensive and commonly available.

rauljimenez
06-04-2006, 07:56 PM
Any of you guys ever tried formula1 shampoo , it comes in a green yellowish bottle, thats what I use for OTC and it has worked great, but dont know how is that benchmarked here in autopia :) :waxing:

ZaneO
06-04-2006, 08:14 PM
I don`y think anyone has tested thank, so you get opinions.

:confused: :confused:

Super
06-05-2006, 03:42 AM
Some car soaps have conditioners and some don`t so…? On cleaning abilities well it all depends on what you are doing say you are going to clay & polish the car then you want a real good cleaner car soap w/o the conditioners what is a little more hoarse in its cleaning abilities, also I use Hot water (don’t do this in cold weather) when prep polish cleaning.

Car soap for reg weekly cleaning to maintain what you have on it then car soap with a conditioner in it, what I like is lubrication like Megs Gold class. Or you can w/o conditioners like Megs Hi-Tech Wash and use your own QW spray. Most good car soaps out there is mild I just can’t image a hoarse car soap that sells over the counter for cars, now there is heavy duty Simi truck soap which Simi truck soaps is a acid base.

I have used 3M car soap and Wow that stuff cleans but it leaves a residue on your hands that you can’t it off?

Anyway I have to run I have to go to Medford Or today and that’s over 6 hrs of driving which I don’t look forward to :-(

tom p.
06-05-2006, 09:15 AM
Meg`s #00.

ronmart
06-28-2006, 11:10 PM
Griots - Get the one gallon jug with Griots pump and put 1 squirt (= 1oz) per 2.5 gallons. I use a 5 gallon jug and can do an entire SUV and the wheels with that (actually I use a pre-rinse 2 gallon with 1/2 squirt of Griots and change it 2 - 3 times).

Griots works great and smells great.

If you use a higher quantity (1 oz per gallon) then it is more harsh and becomes a Dawn replacement for removing wax.