PDA

View Full Version : Car detailing TV show?

sevenrd
06-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Would it work?

I think it would be fantastic to see some of the incredible before and afters that we only see in still images here done in live action (editied for time of course). But do you think a non-autopian would appreciate it? Would it hold their interest? Would it have longevity?

I think it may be interesting for even a non-autopian to see the transformations that I witness here almost every day. But I`m not sure. I`m surely biased.

Just looking for some feedback on the concept.

MBurnickas
06-03-2006, 10:35 PM
With Pimp-my-ride, overhaulin and trick-my-truck I think it would it would be lack luster even for the off cable channels...unless there was like a catch. Maybe repaying someone for their generous work out in the community or something like that.

sevenrd
06-03-2006, 10:38 PM
With Pimp-my-ride, overhaulin and trick-my-truck I think it would it would be lack luster even for the off cable channels...unless there was like a catch.

Yeah, you are probably right. It would need some sort of every-man catch to it. Which actually those other shows don`t have.

Setec Astronomy
06-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Even if all 25,000+ Autopians tuned in, it wouldn`t make much of an audience for advertisers.

SayNoToPistons
06-04-2006, 08:36 AM
Even if all 25,000+ Autopians tuned in, it wouldn`t make much of an audience for advertisers.

yup... and detailing gets boring after a while...

edonthenet
06-04-2006, 06:53 PM
yup... and detailing gets boring after a while...

Not if it was done by sexy, bikini clad, t-shirt soaked with beer honeys :laugh:

seth812
06-04-2006, 07:10 PM
Not if it was done by sexy, bikini clad, t-shirt soaked with beer honeys :laugh:

I`d tune in all the time!!!

Stuff
06-04-2006, 07:21 PM
There an old episode of Trucks on spike TV. Where they guy took a really bad looking car and wet sanded it and went through the whole process. Wish I could find a torrent of it.

Hemi57
06-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Hey, anything Automotive related I would watch.

We now get "Two Guys Garage" here in OZ on cable which I try to never miss. Do I need to know how to service the brakes on a Dodge Ram Duallie? No way but I love to watch :D

Studdg
06-04-2006, 07:36 PM
I don`t think this would work as a television show. However, this is the kind of stuff that the internet is great for. Anyone of us here with a camera, bandwith, and some know how could make a video, and then post it online.

RTexasF
06-04-2006, 07:44 PM
I think the idea has merit.

Hod Rod TV had a series about hopping up a project Civic. It could have just as easily been about bringing a project Civic back to life as far as the exterior and interior.

It would take a lot of legwork but I`d bet some of the larger companies would be all over it as far as sponsership/advertising.......maybe some smaller ones too.