PDA

View Full Version : Tires are stained w/ dirt. How to clean them?

LikeaRock
03-11-2005, 09:58 AM
Hey all,
I`ll be detailing my sisters 2000 Ram this weekend, and I need a good cleanser for the tires. They`re Toyo A/T`s, and she`s gone through some hefty mud with em, and they`re stained fairly bad w/ dirt. Any suggestions to get the dirt off?

Thanks

JaredPointer
03-11-2005, 10:04 AM
Eagle One A2Z with maybe some brush agitation should do the trick.

Beemerboy
03-11-2005, 10:59 AM
I would use a good degreaser like 409 at 100% and a strong tire brush, work a small area at a time and rince allot. This should lift about anything that is on the tire. You could also go to your local auto store and get some Wesleys tire / rubber cleaner and use the brush that will lift the dirt and every thing else on the tires. Then you should get a decent tire shine to bring them back to new.
Wesleys is at alot of local stores like Pepboy, Wal Mart, etc

Nightwalker447
03-11-2005, 11:37 AM
There is nothing that I have not been able to get off with Eagle One`s tire cleaner. Its cheap and easty to get. Use A2Z on the rims.

kimwallace
03-11-2005, 02:16 PM
I would use Westleys Bleche white ... just be careful ... it will damage some wheels if not rinsed off quickly enough.

Freyguy
03-11-2005, 06:10 PM
I used to use Super Clean on my BFG Mud Terrains and that worked well. I just tried Eagle A2Z on my tires and wheels and it works great. It took the mud right off in all the groves of my sidewalls. Plus, it`s never been easier to clean the wheels.

travisdecpn
03-11-2005, 07:12 PM
If A2Z can`t handle it, nothing will. :D

kaos
03-11-2005, 07:33 PM
In addition to the cleaning product of your choice, a brush is very important for getting the tires really good and clean. I wasn`t aware of just *how* big of a difference the brush would make until I picked up a tire brush at Walls-Mart and used it once. I never knew there was so much brown gunk on those tires. And the white lettering.... wow. It`s actually a true white, not the weather-beaten white that I thought it was. :D So pick up a cheap tire brush if you don`t have one, it`ll be well worth it.

probegt
03-11-2005, 08:01 PM
I would use Westleys Bleche white ... just be careful ... it will damage some wheels if not rinsed off quickly enough.

I second that. Its the best cleaner I have used for tires but you should becareful not to get it on the wheels if they are not coated.

LikeaRock
03-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Thanks guys, I`ll try the 409 w/ a brush method, hopefully that does the trick.

Also, Dave, I see you`re in Sonoma County, as well as I am too :)
Where exactly are you located? Im in Santa Rosa myself. Maybe I could stop by sometime and get some tips!

klnyc
03-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Man, If you use EO A2Z and if you AIO/SG . Wont EO E2Z kill all those?

91LSMAN
03-11-2005, 11:38 PM
Eagle One A2Z with maybe some brush agitation should do the trick.

:bigups

I agree. Eagle One`s All wheel and Tire cleaner is good stuff. Whenever I go to stock up I usually buy 3 or 4 bottles. I use it on the wheels, tires, and wheel wells of all 3 cars.

YellarStang99
03-12-2005, 07:05 AM
As mentioned above A2Z works great. I use it and it cuts through everything. I have not tried it on whitewall tires, but the Westley`s is fantastic on whitewall lettering. I used to use it on my truck and it does an excellent job. But don`t just rely on the cleaner to do ALL the work for ya. Some light agitation with a stiff bristle brush on the tires will get it all off. Either one is a good way to go because they can be found locally in lots of places and both are fairly cheap. Heck, I think I`ve even seen Westley`s in the grocery store before!

Mighty HD
03-12-2005, 10:45 AM
I used a 4000psi pressure washer for my bfg mud terrains. Worked great! :phone:

jiffy
03-14-2005, 05:23 PM
I`m jumping in a little late with this one, but on my old truck, I used to use Greased Lightening (degreaser) and one of those green brillo-pads to clean my tires and letters.