PDA

View Full Version : New Guy, Would Very Much Appreciate Your Help!

G35Man
06-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Hello,

I must say, this website has done a complete 180 on my perspective of certain detailing products and methods, all for the better. I do take care of my car, but I have never used any of these high-end products such as Sonus or Klasse. I have a few questions that I would appreciate if you could answer!

I have these minor swirl marks and spiderwebs on my car that I would like to remove, with a product like the Sonus Swirl Remover. But after I use that, would applying Klasse All-In-One remove the polish by cleaning it off, making it redundant? So then should I just use AIO without using the Swirl REmover before? This is all after I completely wash, dry, and clay, and then wash and dry again. Is there a better method you guys could recommend?

Also, do you guys recommend using a Quick Detailer after some rain and light dust fell onto the paint, or would you go the safe route by waiting for a sunny day to wash the car, and then quick detail it with a spray? What`s the extent of pollution you will allow on your car to use the spray?

Again, I really am amazed at what many of you guys do and the extent of knowledge that can be found here. Thanks in advance!

a.k.a. Patrick
06-02-2006, 10:58 PM
The swirl remover contain abrasives which remove vertical edges.....AIO does not, but does contain a sealant.

Skip the second wash (Why?), and dry.

Wash, clay, QD, dry.....

QD`s are great for light waterspots or light dust. Do not replace traditional wash methods with a QD.....

imported_MCA
06-03-2006, 06:20 AM
The swirl remover contain abrasives which remove vertical edges.....AIO does not, but does contain a sealant.

Skip the second wash (Why?), and dry.

Wash, clay, QD, dry.....

QD`s are great for light waterspots or light dust. Do not replace traditional wash methods with a QD.....

Amen to what he said :xyxthumbs Also pay close attention to your overall car care techniques - you can minimize the marring by proper washing, drying, polishing, etc.

BTW, :welcome to Autopia!

jfs
06-03-2006, 07:01 AM
Hello,

I have a 2006 Indigo Tacoma 4x4. I also have a 1y/o German Shepherd that is not happy with my misplaced affection for the new truck. My question is, how do I remove my former pals paw scrathes from the doors of the truck?

I have some Pinnacles products QD, wax, etc.

Should I buy the Advanced Swirl remover or are there other products that can be recomended to me?

I live in the mountains of VT. The truck is outside 24/7.

I have never detailed before so a list of must have products will be very helpful