PDA

View Full Version : Anybody tried Griots Leather Scent?

RAG
06-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Looking for a good leather scent for clients that like that new (leather) car smell. I hear the CG spray scent is pretty good...any comparisons? Alternatives?

Unfortunately, the leather scents offered by most companies do not smell pleasant, and thus I wanted to get somefeedback before I order.

jasonmac
06-02-2006, 03:21 PM
I have a bottle, it lasts a few days for 3-4 sprays. It`s the same scent as the Leather conditioner, which is very nice imo.

I like the vanilla scent for my wife`s car, though I would be careful on which interior cleaners you use first, some may overpower the leather spray...

steck
06-02-2006, 06:48 PM
I was looking for a leather cleaner/conditioner with leather smell,,, i`ll dig up the post for ya...

i think Poorboys and Zymol was recommended here....for the scent.

steck
06-02-2006, 06:53 PM
here ya go

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=70568

imported_mburnickas
06-02-2006, 07:31 PM
I have it and use it. Lasts about 1 week

TSXWench
06-02-2006, 07:44 PM
I spray it on a microfiber pad and throw it under the seat.

BoxsterCharlie
06-02-2006, 10:12 PM
I really like it too. As others say, it doesn`t last long, but the smell is just the right "flavor" of leather, not fake or nasty in any way.

Mr.Concours
06-03-2006, 01:31 AM
Go ahead and order it its a good product lingers about a week.

Z10 `leather in a bottle` leaves a nice OE matte finish and genuine leather scent,might work out a little pricey for clients cars unless you use it tacticly, like only on the headrest,and just do the rest of the leather with a bulk product.

Vegas1
06-03-2006, 06:10 AM
Excellent product! :xyxthumbs It lasts about 5 days for me.

RAG
06-03-2006, 07:47 AM
Go ahead and order it its a good product lingers about a week.

Z10 `leather in a bottle` leaves a nice OE matte finish and genuine leather scent,might work out a little pricey for clients cars unless you use it tacticly, like only on the headrest,and just do the rest of the leather with a bulk product.

Yeah, I just went through 5 bottles of the Z10 in short order...great smell. But I`m on the hunt for the ultimate leather solution, and professionally-speaking, Z10 isn`t it since they don`t offer it in any bulk. Just got a gallon of the CG - great product, but I was looking for a little more leather smell; possibly adding a couple squirts of griot`s spray will be the answer. I also ordered some of the Duragloss to try, but it too is a tad pricey for high-volume professional use.

Old Man
06-03-2006, 08:27 AM
I like it,and it lasts a week or so.