PDA

View Full Version : What 2 Charge 4 Stretch H2?

RAG
06-02-2006, 07:20 AM
I`ve done a few H2s, which are probably the most difficult vehicle in their own right, but of course I`ve never done a stetch H2. It` silver and only 6 months old. BUT, as some of you know who`ve read my posts before, this area is crazy-horrible with rust contamination, and this ride has it in spades already. I told them $400 for clay, wax, and interior and $550 if it needs a one-step polish. Because the stretch portions are straight panels, I thought it would only take me about 50% longer than a normal H2, but hopefully I`m not in for a big suprise?

Oh year, must be nice to have your own stretch H2 just for partying, under the guise of "business vehicle" for the write off :bow

imported_ajbarnes
06-02-2006, 07:27 AM
I think your pricing is just about right. If it were black (popular hummer color), I would`ve charged about $600+.

RAG
06-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Exactly. That was my first question before I looked at it: "Is it black." Given that it had visible rust contamination, there would have been now way to clay that much rust out without marrinig black paint...especially since it is soft, non-factory paint.

imported_themightytimmah
06-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Consider getting a decon kit for something that big and rusty - I figure I could do one for about 300 and still make money on it, but I`d charge 450-500 just because I could :). With a decon wash, claying will either be eliminated or go a lot faster, and then you can buff it out with a rotary, white pad and a good one-step (Meg`s #66 comes to mind). Figure 10 hours total for wash, decon, clay, interior, one-step polish/wax.

Scottwax
06-03-2006, 09:27 PM
I agree about the decon wash, definitely would be a time saver. I`d say $500 would be minimum on a vehicle that size. Luckily, the H2 isn`t as hard to detail as one would think...or maybe because I wash one every week and have detailed several. :nixweiss

RAG
06-03-2006, 09:51 PM
Consider getting a decon kit for something that big and rusty - I figure I could do one for about 300 and still make money on it, but I`d charge 450-500 just because I could :). With a decon wash, claying will either be eliminated or go a lot faster, and then you can buff it out with a rotary, white pad and a good one-step (Meg`s #66 comes to mind). Figure 10 hours total for wash, decon, clay, interior, one-step polish/wax.

That`s exactly what I was figuring.

I have the auto intl. decon system, but has been somewhat of a let down considering the amount of rust I usually find here. It will barely knock the edge off of heavy rust contamination, so I`m not sure it is worth it. In my experience, it might knock 1/2 hour off the clay process, but takes about that long to administer.

If the chunks of rust are approaching the size of the grain of salt, then the auto intl. system doesn`t even touch it.

RAG
06-04-2006, 06:15 AM
I agree about the decon wash, definitely would be a time saver. I`d say $500 would be minimum on a vehicle that size. Luckily, the H2 isn`t as hard to detail as one would think...or maybe because I wash one every week and have detailed several. :nixweiss

I agree with your price.

But I`m not sure the H2 isn`t hard. Well, not hard, but time consuming. Did one the other day that took a long time - difficult for several reasons - tons of plastic that I had to tape off before polishing, tall (so 1/2 time is spent on a freakin ladder/stool), and it had a chrome bumber/deer guard that was nearly impossible to work around. I mean this thing has plastic everywhere! To clean and dress the exterior trim took me exactly one hour - I cleaned with magic eraser pad because dirt was already in the grain of the plastic and her husband had stained some of the plasit with cleaner wax (thank god for the eraser pad, as this task would have taken three hours before its advent).