PDA

View Full Version : Expected Durability for Poorboy`s Wheel Sealant

Pages : [1] 2

imported_MCA
06-01-2006, 09:45 PM
Quick question for you guys/gals...What is the appreciable durability that I should expect from PB`s Wheel Sealant. I purchased this to replace my current choice (AIO/#26). Thanks in advance.

drewski59
06-01-2006, 09:48 PM
When I use leftover Z7 wash water to clean them, I usually got 3 weeks out of a layer of WS.

Maybe using a weaker wash like GC might up the ante a week or so also! :)

scooterguitar
06-02-2006, 06:11 AM
Gonan tag along here. I have just been using AIO myself, but wanna try a sealant like PB or DP.

seth812
06-02-2006, 07:06 AM
i use AIO and two coats of PB wheel sealant (applied 24 hours apart)

i get two or three weeks out of it before i notice that brake dust doesn`t quite glide off like it normally does

BobD
06-02-2006, 07:10 AM
When using it don`t forget to polish your wheels first. I find this makes a huge difference.

racingbeat
06-02-2006, 07:35 AM
how concentrated is the wheel cleaner from Poorboys? I`m debating going with the quart or gallon size. I was thinking of diluting it into a spray bottle for frequent cleaning. Which seems like its all the time. I would love to spray it onto the barrel of the wheel and only have to rinse and not deal with the rag or wheel brush each time.

BobD
06-02-2006, 07:43 AM
how concentrated is the wheel cleaner from Poorboys? I`m debating going with the quart or gallon size. I was thinking of diluting it into a spray bottle for frequent cleaning. Which seems like its all the time. I would love to spray it onto the barrel of the wheel and only have to rinse and not deal with the rag or wheel brush each time.

Poorboy`s recommends dilluting 1:1 for well cared for and sealed wheels.

seth812
06-02-2006, 10:03 AM

that stuff works really well

seth812
06-02-2006, 10:04 AM
When using it don`t forget to polish your wheels first. I find this makes a huge difference.

what polish would you reccomend; i`d obviously be doing the polishing by hand

i have some scratchX, maybe that?

BobD
06-02-2006, 10:17 AM
what polish would you reccomend; i`d obviously be doing the polishing by hand

i have some scratchX, maybe that?

Well it depends on what the wheels are coated with? If they are just painted wheels I would polish them up with some SSR1.

imported_smprince1
06-02-2006, 12:51 PM
For polishing wheels I`ve had good results with PB`s Pro Polish or AIO prior to PB`s Wheel Sealant.

Fallz
06-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Any type of synthetic/sealant will work just as well. just polish & clean first. I`ve noticed no difference with using this vs NXT even or the EX-P. I don`t think it`s anything special .

SilverLexus
06-02-2006, 04:03 PM
I`m getting about a month now which is decent.

seth812
06-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Well it depends on what the wheels are coated with? If they are just painted wheels I would polish them up with some SSR1.

they are painted, but soon to be powdercoated, so i need not worry about polishing them anymore :D

VroomVroom
06-02-2006, 04:30 PM
I see about 4-6 weeks out of a coat of wheel sealant, depending on the weather. I`m basing this on how quickly/how much effort I have to put into cleaning the wheels, as well as how long I can go between polishing. I`m really impressed with the product, both from a standpoint of durability as well as ease of use. I`ve applied UPP and EX-P to my wheels before, and in my experience wheel sealant lasts longer and is easier to apply & remove.