PDA

View Full Version : Best Pads

RAG
06-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Unfortunately (for the consumer) this is one debate we cannot have till the other companies redesign, or at least make an attempt to catch up - the American Buffing pads, aka the Propel IIs, take it hands down. For those of you who have logged some serious hours with these pads on a rotary, you know what I`m talking about - there is nothing close. They are good on a PC too, but I think there are many pads that work well on a PC. But on a rotary, there is nothing close - they conform to curvatures better than any other pads, they dissapate heat better than any other, they have many grades/colors for different uses, they clean up MUCH easier than any other pads, they have great backing material that goes all the way to the edges, and they last forever (I even throw mine in the washing machine (4 or 5 times per week) and have and zero durability problems)!

Any competitors?

RAG
06-02-2006, 07:12 AM
I wasn`t looking to fight or anything, but I`d be interested to hear if anyone has found any other pads they like better on the rotary. I guess I should say "all-around" pads...as there are a few pads I really like for specific uses on the rotary. For instance, for medium compounding that will finish down great, I prefer the white LC VC pads - they work excellent with PG/RMG and are much more aggressive than the Propel Greens, yet the finish "nearly" halogram free on black.

wannafbody
06-02-2006, 12:25 PM
I`ve never used propels but on the rotary the Edge green and yellow work well. Far less sling then a Megs burgandy pad. they have a very slight concave nature and beveled edges.