PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy your Sheepskin Mitt?

Pages : [1] 2 3

ronmart
06-01-2006, 09:30 AM
The quality of sheepskin mitts range from horrific to phenomenal and price isn`t always a good indicator. Some people only purchase them in person at local stores to ensure they are getting a good quality, whereas others have found reliable online sources. I`m looking to hear which online sources you trust, so post a link to the mitt you would entrust on the first car wash of a new black super car (say an enzo, carrera gt, lambo, etc...)...

Chan
06-01-2006, 09:43 AM
I`ve got nothing but good things to say about the sheepskins from Excel.

Derf
06-01-2006, 09:46 AM

Same here. I have four of them. One super heavy weight, one medium weight and two light weight.

ronmart
06-01-2006, 11:52 AM

Lots of people do. Based on some other data I`ve been collecting about people`s favrite products (see my sig), Excel`s mitts are the ones to get.

Hines
06-01-2006, 12:16 PM
+1 for the excel`s patrick is awsome as well :)

BigAl3
06-01-2006, 12:22 PM
if you`re in a pinch and need one right away, the eurow sheepskin mitts can be found at wal-mart for around $5, but make sure to feel all the ones they have as they differ in plushness (pick them like fruit, if they aren`t up to your expectations... walk away). target also has the vroom sheepskin mitts as well, as some on here have had good experiences with them. i personally use th sm arnold sheepskin mitts that i get from the local detailing store...

-Lebowski-
06-01-2006, 12:25 PM
Viking mits at AutoZone have never ever let me down.

BigAl3
06-01-2006, 12:30 PM
Viking mits at AutoZone have never ever let me down.

i have one that i used for more than 2 years and it`s held up with no problems, as well as some of their other products. Viking has some very good detailing products that rival or are better than competition out there today... :up

-Lebowski-
06-01-2006, 12:44 PM
i have one that i used for more than 2 years and it`s held up with no problems, as well as some of their other products. Viking has some very good detailing products that rival or are better than competition out there today... :up

1000% agree. People really under rate them because they are an OTC product. I do believe that the ones that I got were $7.99 each. Being that I do not "bucket wash" in the winter they usually last me 1-2 seasons then they are retired to wheel well and tire / rim duty.

PelTTing
06-01-2006, 12:47 PM
I`ve had nothing but good luck from the eurow sheepskin from Wal-Mart. At $5.00 ea I would bet I have at least 10 of them and after washing a panel or two I`ll throw that mitt in the dirty bucket and get a new mitt. But like the post said earlier you should pick through what they have on the shelf and oh yeah I undo the stiching for the elastic cuff and toss it. Just my $0.02.

racingbeat
06-01-2006, 01:41 PM
just curious but have any of you also used the sea sponge and still preferred the sheepskin?

SayNoToPistons
06-01-2006, 01:58 PM
as long as you dont buy the craptastic sheep skin mitts in costco youre fine lol.

-Lebowski-
06-01-2006, 02:02 PM
just curious but have any of you also used the sea sponge and still preferred the sheepskin?Yes I prefer the sheep skin plus that way we arent killing off the reefs

ZaneO
06-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Eurow brand mitts from Wal-Mart.

ronmart
06-01-2006, 02:23 PM
Is this where everyone is getting their Excel mitts?

http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?ref=exceldetail&ct=30057&recview=11