PDA

View Full Version : What to do now?

cej93
03-10-2005, 10:38 PM
I have put meguires #7 glaze and then NXT on my car; is there something I should consider putting on over the NXT? I am kind of new at this and want to keep the car looking as good as I can. I have attached a pic of the car.

Thanks,
Eric

CharlesW
03-10-2005, 11:02 PM
If 50 people answer, you will probably get 30 different suggestions and they all would probably work for you, but......
What you have done has worked for you and my suggestion would be to just hang out and read for a while, then decide if you want to try something different. The NXT will protect your finish and look good for several weeks, then you can either apply it again or try something new.

Charles

jayincali
03-10-2005, 11:02 PM
I`m still a newbie here too, but I would probably lay down a couple coats of carnuba (sp) paste wax. I used NXT before and it almost washes off each time I washed my truck. I think the paste wax might give it a bit more protection and add to the shine a bit more. The experts should chime in soon and let ya know.

CharlesW
03-10-2005, 11:09 PM
I`m still a newbie here too, but I would probably lay down a couple coats of carnuba (sp) paste wax. I used NXT before and it almost washes off each time I washed my truck. I think the paste wax might give it a bit more protection and add to the shine a bit more. The experts should chime in soon and let ya know.If your car wash is removing NXT after one wash, I think you might be using too much soap or the wrong soap. NXT was good for at least a month or more for me with the vehicle being washed at least weekly, sometimes more often.

Charles

jayincali
03-10-2005, 11:57 PM
I actually used Megs soap. I think it lasted 2-3 washes and the beads were like big puddles and starting to spread far apart. It also didn`t look like it was freshly waxed after it was washed. I did like the NXT, but I would have to wax every other wash to keep it looking like I wanted it to look. Now that I use Zaino polish, the beads are super small and really tight together, I mean theres thousands of beads everywhere, and after I wash, it keeps that freshly waxed look. I have 4 washes now on the two coats of Zaino, and it still looks like it was just waxed and is super slick.

JaredPointer
03-11-2005, 09:48 AM
I actually used Megs soap. I think it lasted 2-3 washes and the beads were like big puddles and starting to spread far apart. It also didn`t look like it was freshly waxed after it was washed. I did like the NXT, but I would have to wax every other wash to keep it looking like I wanted it to look. Now that I use Zaino polish, the beads are super small and really tight together, I mean theres thousands of beads everywhere, and after I wash, it keeps that freshly waxed look. I have 4 washes now on the two coats of Zaino, and it still looks like it was just waxed and is super slick.

I`m not an avid user of NXT, but maybe it was designed to "sheet" the water off instead of leaving tight little beads. Just a thought.