PDA

View Full Version : simoniz systems sold by dealers

Brian_Brice
05-30-2006, 03:06 PM
anyone know exactly what they are claiming this is? i have an sl500 that was 9 months old and apperently she payed 300 dollars for it. the correction needed on this thing was unreal just about every bonded contaminant you can think of was found on her paint. weirdly enough while washing i could definitely tell there was a form of protection, maybe it was applied thouroughly or something because i had to work on that thing forever. anyhow if you can sell that for 300 dollars i want some and that application is all that i will do :nana: it sopposedly lasts one year but this paint was viciously attacked so i was just curious what you guys thought of it.

nuclear
05-30-2006, 03:51 PM
anyone know exactly what they are claiming this is? i have an sl500 that was 9 months old and apperently she payed 300 dollars for it. the correction needed on this thing was unreal just about every bonded contaminant you can think of was found on her paint. weirdly enough while washing i could definitely tell there was a form of protection, maybe it was applied thouroughly or something because i had to work on that thing forever. anyhow if you can sell that for 300 dollars i want some and that application is all that i will do :nana: it sopposedly lasts one year but this paint was viciously attacked so i was just curious what you guys thought of it.

This was put on my car when it was new (Not my choice) and it seems to be more of a scam (unless you understand you`re probably paying for the `warranty` aspect) It wore off after about 6 months and the paint still had water spots and other etching that it was supposed to prevent. You can get this stuff on ebay for around $20 ...it comes with a wash and what I assume is some kind of sealant.

JustinR32
05-31-2006, 07:54 AM
Like any product, longevity is dependent upon the skill and thoroughness of the technician doing the work; clay, clean, apply.

I`cw used it, the product itself is pretty good. I`d say appearance and durability is on the order of 4* Platinum, Meguiar`s #21, stuff like that. It won`t last 5 years, but like nuclear wrote, you really pay for the warranty aspect. I`d say it should easily last 6 months.

Tom