PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss next big thing? I think so!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

GlossyTundra
05-30-2006, 02:00 PM
I purchased the Aquawax, quick detailer, bug remover, and vinyl/leather treatment at my local autoparts store. The total was $27 and some change.

Aquawax-Very easy to use and apply. Looks great and is very slick. This mirrors what others have had to say about it. Durability is not known

Fast Shine QD- Also very easy to use. Great cleaning power and will not streak on glass. My new fav. OTC detailer

Bug Remover-works very well. I use it for my quick details on my truck and I let it sit on the front areas for like 1-2 min and then wipe with my MF and viola! Bug free with no wax removal.

Vinyl/Leather treatment-Ok, I bought this with low expectations and was going to use in in my fender wells. But I tried it on my trim and loved it. Very nice finish, like new. Had to buff a little to get the shine down a bit, but still great.

I do think I will go and buy more DG stuff later on. I want to try the car wash and the #111 polish and bonding agent. I am afraid the shine will be to "artificial" as others have stated. I am interested in something called track claw racing polish. It states that it is for use on drag cars to make the finish slick to improve lap times and make dirt not stick. I always wanted to make my Tundra faster. :think2

Brandon

DM101
05-30-2006, 02:27 PM
The bonding agent works very well on any type of sealant. May even work on Zaino

wannafbody
05-30-2006, 02:54 PM
IMO the Duragloss Aquawax equals the looks of much more expensive products. If the product is able to last 4 or more weeks durability will be a non-issue. Simply polish, lay down a coat of your favorite sealant and apply AW monthly.

Spilchy
05-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Yipee for AW! Awesome product.

GlossyTundra
05-30-2006, 03:21 PM
That seems to be what people are saying about AW.

What about the track claw? Seems to make things extra slick, may be worth a shot. But if anyone wants to pony their $15.95 up first, that is always cool. :LOLOL

victory
05-30-2006, 03:50 PM
I for one am totally sold on aquawax. Use it after a wash every so often instead of your usual QD and you increase the durability of your finish indefinately. It looks great, is inexpensive and so easy to use.

EMazda3S
05-30-2006, 04:20 PM
So, I`ve got the Aquawax itch... I wanna be on the bandwagon but I just put down a coat of FK1`s Pink Wax. Do you reckon the AW would bond over the PW??? I`ve got FX-100 and it`s great but I just have to try the AW.... :think2

AL-53
05-30-2006, 04:45 PM
Brandon...Try the bonding agent and the #111..you will not be disappointed...they also have paste wax that you can go over #111..it is a mild cleaner type wax but very mild...and looks good over #111.. very wet looking...but any good wax will look good on it.

My Duragloss experience started last November..I was looking through E-bay in the detailing section..I was punching in names of products to see what came up..I typed in Duragloss ..as my neighbor raves about it on his work trucks...I came across a auction for duragloss..it was at .01..yes a penny..with 5 hours left...I bid on it..was 35.00 to ship to me from west coat...it contained 98% of the whole line...except the Aquawax and the shampoo...it did have a trial size of the shampoo...Now i won it...

Now my truck was set for the winter as it had Klasse and collinite for winter protection..I decided to do my girls Honda in it...I ordered the shampoo and the Aquawax from their site...got it in 3 days...Now I did the Honda in the full monty ...I used their swirl polish..which is not bad...did the job...finished it 3M machine glaze...applied the bonding agent..let it haze some..applied the clearcoat polish #111 over the bonding agent...let that haze...wiped off..applied the #111 again the ensure full coverage...wiped off....spray on the Aquawax and finished....WOW...looked great..slick as snot ..and a deep look to it.

now the car got 4-5 washes all winter...when temps allowed at a wand wash..then AW was applied again..come spring..the car was as shiny as the day I did it..and beading like I just did it....so it lasted a good winter..and still beaded...

I have a full arsenal of the boutiuqe stuff..and I will stick with the duragloss for the shine and durability...and price....

their products are top notch...

Al

drewski59
05-30-2006, 05:00 PM
I just bought some AW today at Carquest! I just sprayed it on the Pilot`s hood, and it is pretty darn slick and looks wet! Just have to test the durability, but the price sure is right for a product this good!

philsnyder
05-30-2006, 05:05 PM
I just ordered the whole duragloss lineup from duragloss.com

shipping was only 5.95 for everything

can`t wait to try everything out

the reports seem to be good :usa

AL-53
05-30-2006, 05:13 PM
I just e-mailed Duragloss..and told them of the praises on their products..I asked if there was any chance forum members could get some type of discount..never hurts to try...will see if they get back to me....

Drewski wait till tomorrow..it gets better with age...

Al

imported_NHBFAN
05-30-2006, 05:23 PM
Does anyone know if Aquawax has UV protection?

victory
05-30-2006, 06:06 PM
So, I`ve got the Aquawax itch... I wanna be on the bandwagon but I just put down a coat of FK1`s Pink Wax. Do you reckon the AW would bond over the PW??? I`ve got FX-100 and it`s great but I just have to try the AW.... :think2

I don`t think you`ll have any problems. Myself and may others are using it over collinite 845.

imported_NHBFAN
05-30-2006, 06:37 PM
I just e-mailed Duragloss..and told them of the praises on their products..I asked if there was any chance forum members could get some type of discount..never hurts to try...will see if they get back to me....

Drewski wait till tomorrow..it gets better with age...

Al

I`m going to email Duragloss also. Let the autopia presence be known!

wannafbody
05-30-2006, 07:17 PM
Does anyone know if Aquawax has UV protection?

The bottle doesn`t say- shoot Duragloss an Email. Their 111 sealant does have UV protection.