PDA

View Full Version : Found an OTC Tire Shine product I like...

Pages : [1] 2

SilverLexus
05-29-2006, 05:53 AM
Besides Mothers FX Tire Shine ;)

It is Armor All Tire Foam Deep Black Look

http://homepage.mac.com/leescoggins/tireblack.jpg

I can`t vouch for durability but the look is very nice for a quick one step product for the wife`s car. I need to do the wheel wells today. :soscared:

grampi
05-29-2006, 06:52 AM
The best tire dressing I`ve found (and I`ve tried a lot of them) is Stoner`s More Shine Less Time. It has many good qualities. It`s not silicone based so it won`t destroy the tire`s built-in UV protectants. It also doesn`t attract dust like the others do, and it lasts longer than any of the others I`ve used. It still looks good after a week.

Setec Astronomy
05-29-2006, 07:32 AM
It is Armor All Tire Foam Deep Black Look

Is that a new product?

EDIT: Nah, that`s just the regular stuff...I find the Detailer`s Advantage to be better.

94BlkStang
05-29-2006, 09:05 AM
The best tire dressing I`ve found (and I`ve tried a lot of them) is Stoner`s More Shine Less Time. It has many good qualities. It`s not silicone based so it won`t destroy the tire`s built-in UV protectants. It also doesn`t attract dust like the others do, and it lasts longer than any of the others I`ve used. It still looks good after a week.

How long does a silicone based tire dressing take to breakdown the UV protection and to show some sort of deterioration?

grampi
05-29-2006, 11:08 AM
How long does a silicone based tire dressing take to breakdown the UV protection and to show some sort of deterioration?

I don`t know, since I don`t use them. No reason to.

BigAl3
05-29-2006, 11:13 AM
i`ve used the AA tire foam for years with no problems. i just spray a light coat in the center of the tire and spread it around with a tire swipe, and viola! very reasonable in price for around $3 a can... :up

has anyone tried this yet...

http://armorall.com/images/prodshot_etsaero.jpg

neal540
05-29-2006, 02:44 PM
i just tried the Armor all tire gel, its a white gel that has a special applicator. it lasts quite a while and looks nice as it cures.

http://armorall.com/prod_etsgel.html

SilverLexus
05-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Is that a new product?

I believe its a new formula...I`ve used it before but did not get this good a result. :)

gmblack3
05-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Lee, How do you apply the mothers? I have used it a few times and I suk at it. :D

RTexasF
05-29-2006, 06:16 PM
I also like More Shine Less Time. It works great on the wheel wells and engine to boot. I do think it contains silicone however because they also offer a non-silicone version of it.

Thanks for the tip on the Armor All. It used to be awful so obviously they`ve changed it for the better.

imported_Chris223
05-29-2006, 07:41 PM
I use Black Magic Tire Wet Foam, shine is ok, doesn`t last long, but for only $2.50 at Wal-Mart I`ll use it. The Armor All gel I tried, it was also just eh. I put 3 coats of it on once and the tires were REALLY shiny, but overal I didn`t think the product was worth the $6 it cost so I wont be buying it again.

96snake
05-29-2006, 08:24 PM
If you like that, you will love Meguiars Hot Shine Tire foam. I`ve been using this on my personal car. Excellent durability, not too shiny, and does not sling.

Lorne

Evenflow
05-29-2006, 08:26 PM
If you like that, you will love Meguiars Hot Shine Tire foam. I`ve been using this on my personal car. Excellent durability, not too shiny, and does not sling.

Lorne

However at $7.99 a can, its quite pricey.

SilverLexus
05-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Lee, How do you apply the mothers?

Gloveworks rubber glove on my hand holding a Eagle One Tire Swipe. Z-16 is another favorite which is more durable...

gmblack3
05-29-2006, 10:30 PM
Gloveworks rubber glove on my hand holding a Eagle One Tire Swipe. Z-16 is another favorite which is more durable...

Do you spray it on the tire or the swipe?

Thanks!