PDA

View Full Version : Longevity

canoebuck
05-29-2006, 05:12 AM
I have been reading some archived posts about differant waxs and trying to decide what to use . I currantly use Meguires "nxt" and like the gloss on my black Dakota but admit that I havent tried many others. One of the critiques in the posts was that nxt doesn`t last very long.

How do you tell if a product is still on? What is a comparable wax that will be good for black and have good life. My truck is outside all the time.

Thanks for your help

tguil
05-29-2006, 05:21 AM
I have been reading some archived posts about differant waxs and trying to decide what to use . I currantly use Meguires "nxt" and like the gloss on my black Dakota but admit that I havent tried many others. One of the critiques in the posts was that nxt doesn`t last very long.

How do you tell if a product is still on? What is a comparable wax that will be good for black and have good life. My truck is outside all the time.

Thanks for your help

IMO NXT is very durable. It is also so easy to use that you should have time to apply it every six-eight weeks. There are not very many products available that would look better that are as easy to use.

Tom :cool:

bluzman
05-29-2006, 05:58 AM
The Klasse Twins are very durable also. Just make sure to apply very thin layers.

grampi
05-29-2006, 06:01 AM
I haven`t found a wax/polish that will outlast Zaino. It`s not uncommon for it to last a year.

Ed Fisher
05-29-2006, 06:14 AM
Yup, NXT is good and you already have a good choice. Could differ from person to person tho...

grampi
05-29-2006, 06:17 AM
6-8 weeks is as good as a year?

Ed Fisher
05-29-2006, 06:26 AM
6-8 weeks is as good as a year?

Do you REALLY believe any wax could last a year on a vehicle ALWAYS parked outside ???

grampi
05-29-2006, 06:31 AM
Do you REALLY believe any wax could last a year on a vehicle ALWAYS parked outside ???

It does on mine. My vehilces will still bead water after a year and they`re always parked outside.

victory
05-29-2006, 06:51 AM
When i did NXT only it lasted about 3 weeks on my outdoor car. Of course, this was at the height of pollen season.

I just started using NXT as a base for something more durable instead of as a stand alone product with much better results.

Ed Fisher
05-29-2006, 07:22 AM
It does on mine. My vehilces will still bead water after a year and they`re always parked outside.

Well if beading is the sole criteria, then you are right. But then again, how about the depth of the shine and deepness of the color ?

grampi
05-29-2006, 08:04 AM
Well if beading is the sole criteria, then you are right. But then again, how about the depth of the shine and deepness of the color ?

The shine is still there, but I don`t have anything to measure shine depthness with.

Ed Fisher
05-29-2006, 10:32 AM
The shine is still there, but I don`t have anything to measure shine depthness with.

Neither do I have such a gadget. But imagine one of those barroom countertops with a glass top. The shine should give such a feeling that you are seeing the shiny paint from underneath a layer of glass... Well that is my taste... It may differ for you...