PDA

View Full Version : QD Selection

RogueM3
05-28-2006, 07:02 PM
I am currently doing some shopping for the upcoming detailing season and decided for now all I really need is another QD...

Currently I have:

- Spray and Gloss (1/4 bottle left)

- Sonus Caranuba Spritz (1/3 bottle)

- Adam`s Detailing Spra (Full Bottle)

I am thinking about picking up another QD just for the fun of it. I am debating between:

1) 4* Ultimate Gloss Enhancer

2) Clearkote Quick Shine

3) Werkstatt Caranuba Gloss (I dont have, nor do I plan to purchase any other Werkstatt products, though)

Which of these 3 QDs do you think would be the best choice in terms of Gloss Enhancement? (I use both sealants and caranubas...)

Thanks.

Pennypacker
05-28-2006, 07:17 PM
You don`t want to try 425? I happen to like that one myself, especially if what I`m after is gloss enhancement and slickness. The only one I`ve tried of the three you listed is Quickshine, which is also very nice. One of these days I`m going to get some UGG and Sonus Carnauba Spritz--you can never have too many QD`s. :)

RogueM3
05-28-2006, 07:21 PM
You don`t want to try 425? you can never have too many QD`s. :)

I had forgotten about 425, I guess I was looking at the ones on Autogeek/ Autopia as I was going to order some pads and misc. things and wanted to save on shipping costs.

I totally agree you cant have enough QDs...Re: Carnuba Spritz, I think it is a GREAT QD...I debated buying more of that..but I do like to experiment, and Im not made of money... :wavey

All/Any other opinions are welcome.

Sherman8r44
05-28-2006, 07:40 PM
I love Chemical Guys Pro Detailer over carnauba finishes...top notch cleaning ability AND gloss! :woot2:

RogueM3
05-29-2006, 04:40 AM
I love Chemical Guys Pro Detailer over carnauba finishes...top notch cleaning ability AND gloss! :woot2:

I think my Adam`s QD is pretty much the same as the CG you are using, and I do like the way it works, though the smell can be a bit too much (bubblegum).

Any other opinions of the QDs I posted, or any for that matter?

TGates
05-29-2006, 06:50 AM
It`s a tough call between UGE and Quikshine. They are two of my very favorites, and I have just about tried them all. UGE leaves the finish noticeably slicker than Quikshine, but I find Quikshine has better cleaning abilities. UGE smells really good, Quikshine has just a very faint clean scent that you can`t really even smell when using. I don`t think I`d be able to choose between the two. They both work equally well over sealant or carnauba. You can`t go wrong with either one.

I will say that I was not too impressed with the Werkstatt Acrylic Gloss I tried out. I ended up just using it on my wheels. Sonus Acrylic Spritz has been the bread and butter QD over Klasse/JW for me. I am one of the very few who doesn`t favor 425 as much as the others here who have tried it. I`d rather have UGE or QS any day. Another favorite of mine is Griot`s Speed Shine. It has a little thicker consistency than the other QDs mentioned so I feel safer using it on slightly dustier surfaces than most other QDs, and it`s never given me any problems with streaking over any LSP.

Wasatch
05-29-2006, 07:02 AM
Go with the ClearKote QuickShine or FK1 146, 425.

RogueM3
05-29-2006, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the responses, guys. I typically dont use QD as a cleaner, more of a gloss enhancer than anything else is my intended purpose. Typically after a fresh wax/sealing or at the very least after a washing.

That said, it appears to be between QS and UGE still, however, BlackSunshine, you made is seem like the UGE would be better in this instance....

I might end up going with the 425 as well as one of the above 2, as I plan on ordering some Pink Wax to add to my ever growing wax collection. (I swear all of them are 80% full, I just love buying new ones. :waxing: )

Any thoughts on which is the best at Gloss Enhancing only?

Sherman8r44
05-29-2006, 09:50 AM
Well, if you don`t need any cleaning ability, go for a spray sealant like Mothers FX Spray Wax or Duragloss AquaWax.

wannafbody
05-29-2006, 11:43 AM
For $7 try the Duragloss Aquawax

AL-53
05-29-2006, 02:26 PM
DuraGloss also has a QD with some cleaning to it but not enough to remove LSP...

This quote was from their site...

Is formulated to remove dust and light soil from painted surfaces without scratching or removing durable polishes. Actually bonds with the polish for added gloss and durability.

I have it and love it..comparable to PB`s Spray and wipe ..but better...their whole line is like the Zaino system..they all work together...do a wipe of the Fast Clean and Shine and then some aquawax and WOW>>.

best part is that is very inexpensive for what you get...and worth every penny

AL