PDA

View Full Version : Orange pads...

wannafbody
05-28-2006, 03:13 PM
are the LC orange a 1 step pad when used with a mild polish or do they need to be followed up with a milder pad? RO use.

-Lebowski-
05-28-2006, 03:31 PM
With a mild polish like Menz FPII or say PBs SSRs I go right to LSP or glaze then LSP.

Or I will use an orange pad with FPII and then go to a white to apply AIO or JWPS.

I dont feel that you have to but some prefer to.

RAG
05-28-2006, 07:40 PM
Agreed. The orange LC VC pad with a finishing polish will leave the surface LSP ready on most paints. But I`d rather go with a white polishing pad and a little stronger polish that finishes down well. For some reason, my orance LC VC pads wore out quickly, so I don`t think they are a good product. With a rotary, their white LC VC pads can actully be suprisingly aggressive.

-Lebowski-
05-28-2006, 09:35 PM
Agreed. The orange LC VC pad with a finishing polish will leave the surface LSP ready on most paints. But I`d rather go with a white polishing pad and a little stronger polish that finishes down well. For some reason, my orance LC VC pads wore out quickly, so I don`t think they are a good product. With a rotary, their white LC VC pads can actully be suprisingly aggressive.Yeah I find also that they get very hard after a few polishes. Im not sure why I bet in 4 years I have gone through probably 25 of them and they all stiffen up after about 5 uses.

I agree you would be surprised what the white pads can do miracles at times. I have even used a white pad with Menz PG and had good results, it doesnt bind up as fast as with a LC yellow pad.

wannafbody
05-29-2006, 08:27 AM
I have a fairly soft Megs burgandy pad- should I just stick with it?