PDA

View Full Version : Finish Kare hacked

Chan
05-28-2006, 12:27 PM
So I got an email from the hacker and went to look at the site, and yes it was hacked. I wonder what kind of info he got.

Wasatch
05-28-2006, 12:39 PM
Just got the same, what a jerk, nothing better to do with his time, what a moron.

Spilchy
05-28-2006, 01:32 PM
Hopefully everyone`s credit card info over there is safe and sound :tumblewee

wannafbody
05-28-2006, 02:05 PM
:think2 I wonder if he was Megs employee

Sherman8r44
05-28-2006, 02:49 PM
:think2 I wonder if he was Megs employee

:rofl I don`t think so...from their emails it seemed like they were Turkish Islamic fundamentalists...

Whoever visited the forums when they were hacked, run anti-virus and/or antispyware software. BUT NOT THE ONES THAT MAY POP UP FOR YOU IF YOU GOT A BAD ATTACK--get some good free ones like AVG Free and Ad-Aware. I got a lot of crap when I visited the FK1 forums to see what was going on.

wannafbody
05-28-2006, 04:25 PM
:rofl I don`t think so...from their emails it seemed like they were Turkish Islamic fundamentalists...

Whoever visited the forums when they were hacked, run anti-virus and/or antispyware software. BUT NOT THE ONES THAT MAY POP UP FOR YOU IF YOU GOT A BAD ATTACK--get some good free ones like AVG Free and Ad-Aware. I got a lot of crap when I visited the FK1 forums to see what was going on.

Do they even know what wax is?

velobard
05-28-2006, 09:00 PM
I did a quick Google on the hackers, it appears these guys have nothing better to do than hack site after site. It looks like they specialize in web forums.

DaGonz
05-29-2006, 09:11 PM
I am a moderator and a founding member of a firefighter website www.iacoj.com,

Our site has been hacked a few times. It pisses me off to no end.

Joshua312
05-30-2006, 06:26 AM
So...any news if we should be worried about our credit card information?

imported_Detailing Technology
05-30-2006, 07:35 AM
Hacking is a crime. Think of going to a store front in your neighborhood and changing the sign to "Go the F away, we dont want your business".

I had a job rec a few years ago for a hacker to assist in the design of security for a mid size investment bank in NYC. The person they ended up placing in the job designed an incredible security system but of course left a back door. This back door was flushed out in an post completion audit and the "hired hacker" was arrested and sued.

Setec Astronomy
05-30-2006, 07:40 AM
So...any news if we should be worried about our credit card information?

There`s nothing that says that their forum is hosted on the same server as their store--I would highly doubt that. Autopia Forums and ACC store are completely separate, as are MOL and the Meg`s store, etc., etc.

Joshua312
05-30-2006, 07:45 AM
There`s nothing that says that their forum is hosted on the same server as their store--I would highly doubt that. Autopia Forums and ACC store are completely separate, as are MOL and the Meg`s store, etc., etc.

Okay, thanks Mike!