PDA

View Full Version : Reflections Spray Wax question

MinnS4
05-27-2006, 08:54 PM
Hi all,

I just bought a cannister of Mothers Reflections Spray Wax to see if it would add any

depth to my silver Audi. I shook the heck out of it before using and it came out about

as thin as the FX Spray Wax...Is this usual?

All my reading here suggests that it is much thicker than FX?? Could this be a new formulation?

Anyway trying to get some depth on silver with OTC stuff will be a challenge.

Thanks for your help.

victory
05-27-2006, 09:10 PM
http://www.autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=72018

I got my silver looking pretty good. Only thing that wasn`t OTC was the collinite. But collinite isn`t expensive either. Definately check out the duragloss if you want to see results from a spray wax.

cwcad
05-27-2006, 09:28 PM
http://www.autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=72018

I got my silver looking pretty good. Only thing that wasn`t OTC was the collinite. But collinite isn`t expensive either. Definately check out the duragloss if you want to see results from a spray wax.

I am wondering how this applies to the thread starters post? I thought he was asking about Mother`s Reflection Spray Wax?

MinnS4, I do not know of a new formulation. the spray wax from Mother`s that I used was rather thick coming out of my spray container. With a nice MF applicator it spread very nicely for me.

I did it for a friends Silver GMC pickup. In fact it looked so good that I gave the remainder of the spray bottle to the owner to maintain the shine after a very detailed detail consisting of Power Polish, Car Wax and Topcoat.

victory
05-27-2006, 09:52 PM
He basically said it didn`t work, i offered a suggestion for an OTC that did work for me. Getting depth on silver is hard and took me a lot of trial and error until i found this place.

cwcad
05-27-2006, 09:59 PM
He basically said it didn`t work, i offered a suggestion for an OTC that did work for me. Getting depth on silver is hard and took me a lot of trial and error until i found this place.

OK, we read the same words but I did not get that out of his post.

Thanks for indulging me.

Alfisti
05-28-2006, 12:19 AM
So...did the reflections work?

MinnS4
05-28-2006, 05:39 AM
Thanks for asking. I haven`t had a chance to really look at it in the light (still in the garage).

I sprayed it over a layer of FX, hoping for some additional depth. I spread it thin and left it for 1/2 hour,

then buffed the surface. I didn`t see any real hazing before I buffed(??).

Feeling it today, the surface is not nearly as slick as when I have used FX and FX Spray wax only.

Given the consistency that the Reflections sprayed, and based on comments here, I was hoping

that it wasn`t just the solvent/carrier hitting the surface and removing the FX

that was there (not trying to be too paranoid, it is just my first time with the stuff).

Thanks again.

imported_Bence
05-28-2006, 06:47 AM
Minn,

It is maybe a bad batch. My MRSW is definitely thick, and it squirts out the bottle, not sprays. Next time when you buy a bottle, shake it immediately. If it sounds like a thick syrup, then it`ll be good.

Normally, the Reflections adds wonderful depth and a soft, glowy gloss to the surface.

MinnS4
05-29-2006, 05:51 PM
Thanks everybody,

I kept squirting and applying the Reflections and finally it did begin to come out pretty thick.

I applied a full second coat on Sat. night. I believe the layering added to the look.

To Alfisti: it did come out great. It is not quite as slick as the FX, but it is a bit warmer (?).

The flake definitely does jump better with the Reflections than with the FX on my silver Audi. It does look deeper also.

Just like the Mothers FX, you really can`t judge the Reflections until about 24 hours after application. The change is very obvious.

This line....FX and Reflections is very good. Anybody know how long Reflections will last?

My 2 coats of FX and 2 FX Spray Wax boosters lasted through the whole Minnesota winter...still very slick (with about 3-4 touchless washes in the 6 months).

cwcad
05-29-2006, 06:01 PM
I have every reason to believe that with normal wash practices the Reflection line will last over four months. If the spray wax is used follwing those wash practices I know that it will last four months because I have had that experience personally.

I finally got antsy and cleaned it all off after four months and started using something else. Mother`s Reflection line is very good indeed. I found that the spray wax is a great booster that adds the warmth and glow that has been previously mentioned. Slickness is a little suspect in my book. Although from the water beading and shine of the paint it may not be of import thru my analysis of what a good protectant is.

imported_flatstick
05-29-2006, 06:16 PM
I have every reason to believe that with normal wash practices the Reflection line will last over four months. If the spray wax is used follwing those wash practices I know that it will last four months because I have had that experience personally.

I finally got antsy and cleaned it all off after four months and started using something else. Mother`s Reflection line is very good indeed. I found that the spray wax is a great booster that adds the warmth and glow that has been previously mentioned. Slickness is a little suspect in my book. Although from the water beading and shine of the paint it may not be of import thru my analysis of what a good protectant is.

Thanks for the durability update. I saw your pics and the results were pretty good if you ask me. considering you have some time under your belt with the product, I value your insights very much. appreciate you taking the time to share with everybody like myself who have not used this product yet. :hifive:

wannafbody
05-29-2006, 08:10 PM
I got 4 months out of Reflections Top Coat

Alfisti
05-29-2006, 10:42 PM
Thanks everybody,

I kept squirting and applying the Reflections and finally it did begin to come out pretty thick.

You probably got some of the separated carrier in the tube. Keep shaking it! :up

This line....FX and Reflections is very good. Anybody know how long Reflections will last?

My 2 coats of FX and 2 FX Spray Wax boosters lasted through the whole Minnesota winter...still very slick (with about 3-4 touchless washes in the 6 months).

That`s outstanding...especially if you gone through touchless washes. They may be touchless, but they still use some strong detergents.

wannafbody, that`s a great result. It says alot about the product...and it looks so good too. Was the Top Coat layered over something else? How many layers did you apply?

wannafbody
05-30-2006, 08:48 AM
I had a 3 month old application of 26 and NXT booster wax. Probably not much left by the time I put the Reflections Topcoat on. The Mothers products are definitely quality.

imported_Intermezzo
05-30-2006, 10:27 AM
Mother`s Reflection line is very good indeed. I found that the spray wax is a great booster that adds the warmth and glow that has been previously mentioned. Slickness is a little suspect in my book. Although from the water beading and shine of the paint it may not be of import thru my analysis of what a good protectant is.

Mothers Reflections is a very good product line. Among OTC products, the Car Wax and the Top Coat are easily my favorites because of their shine and user-friendliness. It can be applied via the WOWO method or simply applied to the entire car at once and then buffed off.

The Spray Wax will do a very nice job of adding wetness and depth to an existing coat of wax, but it can be a little tricky to use. It`s definitely supposed to come out a little thicker than the FX Spray wax. Because of the amount of wax it contains, its critical to shake the bottle VIGOROUSLY for a while...I`d say for at least 15 seconds. This product can also be used on a wet car, ala `wax-as-U-dry`.

http://www.waxforum.com/showthread.php?t=1504