PDA

View Full Version : Car Wash Soap

Erik Anderson
05-19-2003, 10:40 AM
Hey Guys! Whats up?

Was wondering what do ay of you recommend for a good car wash soap?

Any replies appriciaTED?

JeffBruce
05-19-2003, 10:48 AM
If I have a detail`d vehicle with UPP on it I will use the Platinum shampoo to wash.
If I have a Wax on the vehicle, I will use my Meguiars shampoo..

If its a vehicle I haven`t touch`d yet i will use Dawn...some will disagree with this selection...

jeff

NattyBumppo
05-19-2003, 11:06 AM
I either use Meguiars Gold Class or Mothers California Gold. I like them both equally. Lots of long lasting suds, not too prone to spotting and I love the smell of the Mothers Cali Gold :) . Smells like Bazooka bubble gum.

Natty

Beemerboy
05-19-2003, 02:43 PM
I use the 3M and Blue Corral both seem to do a great jop!

Boss_429
05-19-2003, 06:27 PM
Yep, lots of good car wash soaps mentioned here. I, like Jeff, like to use the Platinum wash on a vehicle with Platinum, especially if I plan to add another coat of UPP. However, I`ve found a new favorite car wash for all other times............ Sonax Gloss Shampoo.

ACE
05-19-2003, 09:58 PM
I think Griots is the slickest i`ve tried. Extremely slippery. The Hawaiian Shine from Coats is also very good for a cheaper product. I really can`t find anything wrong with it for about $6/qt. Nice and slippery and it cleans just fine. In all fairness to Platinum, I have a bottle of it, but for some reason I save the wash and QD for special occasions. I don`t know why. I think if i`m just going to wash I go with the Hawaiian and my Meguires QD, but if i`m going to polish and wax I go with Platinum or Griots. I should probably do the opposite!

87 Monte SS
05-20-2003, 10:24 AM
I use the Platinum Ultimate Car Shampoo for everything. I think it`s the best stuff going (and, no, Dwayne is not paying me! LOL)

:cool: