PDA

View Full Version : Car Care supply list

sanfi
05-26-2006, 07:03 PM
i`m new to detailing and i`m really interested in getting into it.

i have an 2001 saab and it`s dark blue in color. i just recently bought it at a good price but the paint is in need of some tlc. it`s pretty swirled up and there`s some minor scratches here and there.

i have compiled a list of products that i`m thinking of getting.

i would appreciate any input on any other products i should have in mind or maybe there`s products on my list i don`t really need?

i don`t have anything now really, so i`m starting from scratch. i want to order right after i get some advice.

here`s my list so far...

-sonus sfx pad kit w/ pc http://autopia-carcare.com/son-sfxpol-kit.html

-sonus ultimate wash kit http://autopia-carcare.com/son-ultwash-kit.html

-sonus clay lubricant

-sonus sfx clay

-sonus sfx-1

-sonus sfx-2

-sonus sfx-3

-sonus tire & wheel bundle http://autopia-carcare.com/sontirwhl.html

-meguiars wheel brush

-sonus perfect glass bundle http://autopia-carcare.com/sonperglass.html

-P21S Carnauba Wax

how is that to start?

thanks

sanfi
05-27-2006, 08:31 AM
please guys....

i wanna get the supplies right now but i just want a little feedback on the stuff i have on the list.

LucasZCPM3
05-27-2006, 08:45 AM
That’s a very nice start, I would order more wash mitts (like 3-4). And add Microfiber towels to the mix, also ultimately you`ll want more Drying Towels. But what you listed is a very nice setup, always good to start on the right foot :)

Open_SpeedZ33
05-27-2006, 08:58 AM
If you are going to go the P21S route, why not go ahead and get the Klasse Twins(All In One and Sealant Glaze)? Definately get more microfiber towels, you can never have enough.

wannafbody
05-27-2006, 09:11 AM
I`d suggest skipping S100 and getting Menzerna FMJ or Zaino Z5 Pro

sanfi
05-27-2006, 09:39 AM
thanks for the suggestions guys, i appreciate it. i`ll need more mf towels and i`ll order another wash mit too.

If you are going to go the P21S route, why not go ahead and get the Klasse Twins(All In One and Sealant Glaze)? Definately get more microfiber towels, you can never have enough.

so you think i should get the klasse aio and sg instead of the p21s?

sanfi
05-27-2006, 09:43 AM
I`d suggest skipping S100 and getting Menzerna FMJ or Zaino Z5 Pro

with the zaino z5 pro, does that eliminate the need for sfx polishes and swirl removers?

Open_SpeedZ33
05-27-2006, 01:16 PM
No, Zaino just replaces the waxes. If you have swirls and such you will definately need the SFX swirl removers. Personally, I love Klasse AIO for its flexibility on a variety of surfaces, so that is a must have. I would recommend getting this combo for making the car shine after you remove the swirls.: Menzerna FPII, and followed with Zaino Z6, then Zaino Z5 mixed with ZFX, and then topped with Zaino Z8. However, if you want to go the wax route, go Klasse AIO, then Klasse SG, and then P21S. Basically, you have a lot different routes to go. But my favorite is the first one(Zaino).

sanfi
05-27-2006, 01:37 PM
No, Zaino just replaces the waxes. If you have swirls and such you will definately need the SFX swirl removers. Personally, I love Klasse AIO for its flexibility on a variety of surfaces, so that is a must have. I would recommend getting this combo for making the car shine after you remove the swirls.: Menzerna FPII, and followed with Zaino Z6, then Zaino Z5 mixed with ZFX, and then topped with Zaino Z8. However, if you want to go the wax route, go Klasse AIO, then Klasse SG, and then P21S. Basically, you have a lot different routes to go. But my favorite is the first one(Zaino).

wow! it`s so much to all of this.

if i just get the klasse aio and sg, do i necessarily need the p21s?

Open_SpeedZ33
05-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Its not required, but I would definately recommend topping with p21s, its a good combo. That said, I would definately recommend going with the Zaino system, its by far my favorite and it has amazing durability, though a bit pricey. If you aren`t interested in getting the Menzerna FPII, you can always use Klasse AIO before using the Zaino. I have been using AIO, Z6, then Z5, and Z8 on my customers` cars lately and they have been blown away - if thats any help.

Edit - I just noticed that you said its a blue car. Well my 350Z is blue, as you can see in my name pic, and i personally use FPII, Z6, then Z5, and Z8. I think its the best blue can ever look.