PDA

View Full Version : products to darken paint

Pages : [1] 2

slippy
05-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Hi,i would like to know,what would be your first choice lsp,that has the most dramatic effect,on darkening red/burgendy metallic paint.I am aiming more for depth,than anything else,as i dont want the bright, reflective look.I would be gratefull for your input.many thanks william. :up

EMazda3S
05-26-2006, 03:12 PM
Check out PoorBoy`s Natty`s Blue, Pinnacle Souveran, P21S, S100 and consider some of the Zymol range ad well as FK1`s Pink Wax. I have used all of them but I have limited experience with the Souveran and have only tried Zymol`s Japon. Overall, if all factors were to be considered including price, I would choose Natty`s Blue. I found it darkens and warms very, very well.

If price were not a factor, I would choose Pinnacle Souveran. It`s very beautiful on dark cars. Nice and deep, very wet with great depth.

Again, not considering price, check out a recent Zymol thread. Several rave about some Zymol products but some of the prices are in the stratosphere.

I also must mention Collinite`s 845 and 476s. 845 leaves a beautiful look and 476s is close behind but the durability of those two waxes, especially 476s is just amazing.

I also must mention Meguiar`s #16 which has been discontinued but is still to be found if you look carefully. Several on this forum rave about it but I have not had the privilege of trying it.

This is entirely subjective of course and aside from trying everything, I guess you gotta base your choice on people`s responses.

Lastly, realize that your prep is the most important factor and if that is not up to par, you will likely be disappointed in the look of your chosen LSP no matter what it is.

Have fun!

Eric

Beason
05-26-2006, 03:17 PM
On the occasions that I use Meg Swirl Free Polish it really darkens black paint.

E-Jag
05-26-2006, 03:43 PM
If you`re in the market for an OTC product, Meg`s #26 darkens the finish appearance considerably, lasts about 4-6 weeks with no help.

E-Jag

TGates
05-26-2006, 03:58 PM
I would have to say Clearkote CMW. It has been the most dramatic on my dark blue metallic, hands down.

wannafbody
05-26-2006, 04:09 PM
NXT paste or 26

Mikeyc
05-26-2006, 05:05 PM
I would like to throw into the mix Detailer`s Pride Max Wax. I used it recently on a blue metalic Audi A6 and it REALLY darkened the paint. The only other wax I`ve used which altered the color that much is Zymol Concours. The DP is MUCH cheaper though.

Spilchy
05-26-2006, 05:20 PM
Hands down Carnauba Moose Wax topped with Souveran

MechWarrior
05-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Another vote for Meguiar`s # 26, really nice, final, overall look ... I haven`t tried Clearkote Moose Wax, but it`s a fan favorite.

DM101
05-26-2006, 06:33 PM
You answer is 9 different products.

Check out PoorBoy`s Natty`s Blue, Pinnacle Souveran, P21S, S100 and consider some of the Zymol range ad well as FK1`s Pink Wax. I have used all of them but I have limited experience with the Souveran and have only tried Zymol`s Japon. Overall, if all factors were to be considered including price, I would choose Natty`s Blue. I found it darkens and warms very, very well.

If price were not a factor, I would choose Pinnacle Souveran. It`s very beautiful on dark cars. Nice and deep, very wet with great depth.

Again, not considering price, check out a recent Zymol thread. Several rave about some Zymol products but some of the prices are in the stratosphere.

I also must mention Collinite`s 845 and 476s. 845 leaves a beautiful look and 476s is close behind but the durability of those two waxes, especially 476s is just amazing.

I also must mention Meguiar`s #16 which has been discontinued but is still to be found if you look carefully. Several on this forum rave about it but I have not had the privilege of trying it.

This is entirely subjective of course and aside from trying everything, I guess you gotta base your choice on people`s responses.

Lastly, realize that your prep is the most important factor and if that is not up to par, you will likely be disappointed in the look of your chosen LSP no matter what it is.

Have fun!

Eric

jdhutchin
05-26-2006, 07:13 PM
There may not really be a "best" answer, you`d have to try each and see which one you like best. I`d recommend pick one, and try it and see how you like it. Some other product may always seem "better", but the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Personally, I`d go with natty`s blue paste wax.

Thomas Dekany
05-26-2006, 07:16 PM
in my humble opinion, FK1`s #185 - HANDS DOWN the best product. If you want dark, that is your product.

TGates
05-27-2006, 08:22 AM
Another vote for Meguiar`s # 26, really nice, final, overall look ... I haven`t tried Clearkote Moose Wax, but it`s a fan favorite.

Actually, it`s the clearkote carnauba moose wax, not the clearkote moose wax (which is purple in color, rather than white).

EMazda3S
05-27-2006, 09:15 AM
You answer is 9 different products.

Yeah, I was having an indecisive day. :sadpace: Sorry about that.

If I had to go with just one of what I mentioned, I would choose Natty`s Blue for darkening ability.

victory
05-28-2006, 11:31 AM
NXT made my mothers gold subaru visibly darker. Some have said that #21 is even better in this regard.