PDA

View Full Version : Got to meet up with David, owner of Optimum

Scottwax
05-26-2006, 09:43 AM
I go through Memphis on my way to Kentucky to get my younger boy and knowing Optimum was based in Memphis, I gave David a call and asked if I could stop by on my way through town. He said to come on by. First things first, he gave me absolutely perfect directions both in and out of his headquarters. In fact, his way back to 40 probably saved me 10 miles and around 30 minutes of typical heavy traffic congestion. :)

David is a really nice guy and very humble about his products. It was great to meet up with him and see his new manufacturing facility. Making detailing products is a lot more work than you might think! He also seemed very interested in what I thought about his product line and also asked what additional products I was interested in and why. He is obviously very passionate about what he does. :)

Joshua312
05-26-2006, 09:50 AM
Great to hear he is such a kind man - - Too many business owners these days are too caught up in making a buck and forget the real reason they should go into business...to fill a demand the consumers have. Its good to hear he cares about his customers and what they feel about his products and others...I have always loved using Optimum Polish/Compound/No Rinse Wash/ and OCW and I will continue to do so. Did I forget to mention you`re so lucky!! haha I frequently like to sit down and watch "Unwrapped" or other entrepreneurial shows that are on the Food Network...not necessarily for the food aspect, but to see how people make their dreams come true and what really goes on to bring a product to the market...

I wish there was a detailing tv show :sadpace: which reviewed detailing products

EBPcivicsi
05-26-2006, 11:23 AM
You come all the way to Memphis and don`t hit me up? Damn, we could have gone to the newest strip club in town--"The black Tale Shake Joint." I am sure you saw your share in the Old Getwell area. ;)

stilez
05-26-2006, 11:27 AM
He also seemed very interested in what I thought about his product line and also asked what additional products I was interested in and why. He is obviously very passionate about what he does. :)

This has been my experience with David as well.

I have always found him very interested to hear any cons I had about the products. Then, he would work to fix those and improve.

SpoiledMan
05-26-2006, 01:34 PM
I had a conversation with him yesterday about offering ONRWS is 5 gallon jugs.:o He was very humble about the products and open to the "other" side of the products as well. Before someone asks, he isn`t planning on offering the 5 gallon jugs.:(

Scottwax
05-26-2006, 02:28 PM
You come all the way to Memphis and don`t hit me up? Damn, we could have gone to the newest strip club in town--"The black Tale Shake Joint." I am sure you saw your share in the Old Getwell area. ;)

I had my older boy with me and at 19, I don`t think he could get in. I`ll be coming back through tomorrow (Saturday), but not sure how much time I will have. You can get my number from my website and call me in the morning, maybe we can at least meet up for a few.

imported_Detailing Technology
05-26-2006, 03:32 PM
Any pictures of the plant?

BigAl3
05-26-2006, 05:25 PM
David is a really nice guy

agreed! i spoke to him a while back and he was so generous as to send me a sample of ocw, and some literature. :bigups

Scottwax
05-27-2006, 09:27 PM
Any pictures of the plant?

Nope. I didn`t take any and he prefers that the inside of his plant not end up on the internet. Prying eyes and all that....

Can`t say I blame him, polish and wax is serious business! :waxing: