PDA

View Full Version : billing/charging...

Envious Eric
05-25-2006, 06:35 PM
do you guys use quickbooks type software to creat invoices/bills?

or do you just tell them its going to cost X amount of dollars and they pay you with no receipt...

i am debating on wether or not to start using quickbooks for billing or just use it for tax purposes/acoounting/inventory control etc

MichaelM
05-26-2006, 06:46 AM
I use quickbooks for everything except inventory control. Too time consuming and really not needed.

People are going to want receipts for whatever reason and it`s a good idea to give them something professional looking with your information on it. The more times they see your business name the better.

AMDin93103
05-26-2006, 07:26 PM
I use QB. There are so many options its amazing. If Quicken came with invoicing capabilities it would be great as I don`t use most of what QB has to offer. I own Apple`s and use their iApps to keep track of everything except invoicing/finances. For the first year I was in business I used generic contractor tri-carbon invoices from OfficeMax. Yellow was the estimate, pink was the finished invoice with a business card stapled to the front. White went to my filing cabinet. Quicken picked up the slack until I got QB, which I really dont care for. :nixweiss HTH.