PDA

View Full Version : SSR1->RMG or SSR1->AIO->RMG

imported_UnsanePyro
05-25-2006, 12:20 PM
Just wondering what would be the better combination. I plan on using some of the SSR2.5, or maybe some other polish I have, but definately plan on going over with SSR1.

Will using AIO between the SSR and RMG help out any, or is it not worth the time and effort?

I got some nattys blue I plan on topping with after too, I can`t wait :)

Djmigs
05-25-2006, 01:06 PM
i too would like to know....

i order some clearkote and am waiting to try it out...

i have got some suggestion but more is always welcome...

by the way please someone correct me if im wrong you dont want to use aio prior to clearkote line because if im not mistaken aio will leave some protection acrylic and clearkote line is geared to carnuba.... :nervous2:

imported_UnsanePyro
05-25-2006, 07:55 PM
Comeon, someone must know!

imported_Neothin
05-25-2006, 08:56 PM
skip the AIO. It`s cleaners aren`t necessary because you`re polishing iwth an abrasive. Just go straight to the glaze.

I know i have AIO-RMG-Souveran in my signature, but i didn`t polish beforehand, and i had some pretty rough waterspots to deal with, so i used AIO.

z400
05-25-2006, 10:24 PM
I actually think AIO adds something there to the finish. I`m in the process of the same as you. I just finished SSR1 (did 2.5 a few months ago), and am 1/2 way through with AIO, then will do RMG, then Nattys blue.

imported_UnsanePyro
05-26-2006, 07:53 AM
A yes and a no, damn.

I guess if I have the time I will test half the roof or something, with and without, and if it looks better I`ll use it

J.J.
05-26-2006, 08:14 AM
When I used thr SSRs series, I used 2.5 and went straight to RMG with Natty`s topper. The results are great. The SSR 1 is worthless as well as the AIO in this circumstance. But, if you want more steps, go for it. It`s your back.

JJ