PDA

View Full Version : Detailers needed in Northern VA (Woodbridge)

Crispyc21
05-25-2006, 08:50 AM
I am trying to find a detailer that will come to my house in Woodbridge, VA (or I can take a short drive) to detail my car. I have a black 02 Z06 vette (just got it a couple months ago). Of course black shows everything what is wrong with the paint. The car is a good 10 footer (looks good from 10 feet away). But when you get close you can see the many swirls or cobwebs or whatever else they are called. The car also has some scratches that you can feel with your fingernail. I don’t expect those scratches to be fixed but I would like to get rid of the swirls. I don’t think the car has ever been detailed so it might need a little extra time spent on the exterior.

I am only concerned with the exterior. No interior or engine detailing.

I have been looking on the internet for detailers in the area. I found one that actually returned my emails. But I’m not thrilled with the answer I got about what products they use. Has anyone heard or used Showroom Shine Auto Detailing? I asked what products they use because I want to know the quality of them plus I want to make sure they are actually using stuff that will get rid of the swirls and not just fill them in. This is the reply I got…”all products used are professional detailing products that only professional detailers can get and the wax is a polish and polymer sealant wax that will last for a good 6 months if not longer.“ Well heck, there are professional grade products that aren’t worth the bottle they are put in. I was still thinking of going with them because they quoted starting at $135 (exterior only). I still have to follow up with them got get a better answer to my product question.

Anybody know of other detailers or have experience with the one above?

Many thanks

01bluecls
05-27-2006, 06:17 AM
I mean if you are willing to drive to Ashburn (down the road from Dulles Airport basically) I could do the exterior. PM me if you are interested. Woodbridge is about 45 minutes from me though. I would be more expensive then 135 though. Click on my screen name and view my homepage.

01bluecls
05-27-2006, 06:19 AM
tdekany (thomas) is in fairfax which is prolly closer to you and he is mobile, you could also PM him. (He does excellent work as well.) I think he will be a little more expensive then $135 as well but PM him to get a sure price.

wmbiii
05-27-2006, 12:49 PM
tdekany (thomas) is in fairfax which is prolly closer to you and he is mobile, you could also PM him. (He does excellent work as well.) I think he will be a little more expensive then $135 as well but PM him to get a sure price.

I agree, contact Thomas, just did my new BMW 550, very professional and better than detailer shop. Price was right. Here is his web site, inside is contact info. He came to me in old town and was great. http://foodforyourblood.com/

Crispyc21
05-29-2006, 08:03 PM
Thanks for all your help.

Ryan

Thomas Dekany
06-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Thanks for all your help.

Ryan

Did you have it done by that shop?

Thomas Dekany
06-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Thanks guys for your recommendations.

That 550 is an awesome mashine!

Crispyc21
06-27-2006, 08:36 AM
Did you have it done by that shop?

No. Actually I found a PC 7335 on eBay for really cheap so I got that and ordered the Poorboys kit with ssr2.5 sr1 and nattys blue wax. It came out okay for my first time using the polisher and Poorboys stuff. I`ll just have to take more time and some practice to get it to turn out the way I want it.

Thanks again

Ryan

Thomas Dekany
07-27-2006, 10:51 PM
No. Actually I found a PC 7335 on eBay for really cheap so I got that and ordered the Poorboys kit with ssr2.5 sr1 and nattys blue wax. It came out okay for my first time using the polisher and Poorboys stuff. I`ll just have to take more time and some practice to get it to turn out the way I want it.

Thanks again

Ryan

You could maybe one day come over to my house and we can perfect how you use the pc :) I am off of 123.

ARTEE
07-29-2006, 06:16 PM
maybe after I get my PC, we could have a local get together and do-it-yourselfers could learn a few tips from the pros...