PDA

View Full Version : Does driving more aggressively make your car dirtier?

KITT
05-25-2006, 06:53 AM
Just wondering.

s2skimon
05-25-2006, 06:56 AM
i think so... just think going through gravel roads and wet sandy conditions at a snails pace ? a lot less road grime build.. but if you blast through, and you survive, chances are there will be a lot more build up

more so for the under carriage detailing

SenojNW
05-25-2006, 07:00 AM
:funnypost

KITT
05-25-2006, 07:09 AM
:funnypost

hehe :chuckle:

joyriiide1113
05-25-2006, 07:15 AM
Braking hard caused by aggresive and higher speeds tends to build up your wheels and lower bodypanels with brakedust more.

awahl63
05-25-2006, 07:46 AM
Braking hard caused by aggresive and higher speeds tends to build up your wheels and lower bodypanels with brakedust more.

that`s all I could think of as well as if you like to drive aggressively as in tailgating maybe you`ll be lucky enough to get some rock chips

Hey, Moe!
05-25-2006, 07:51 AM
IMO, all of the above is true. There are times when I drive aggressively, on the right roads at the right time, because I enjoy doing it.

However, I try to exercise caution at the right time, to make my detailing easier. While the street outside my apartment was dirt/mud/gravel due to construction, I drove through at a snail`s pace, though many other drivers blasted through.

Also, I keep a distance from the driver in front of me, to avoid as many rock chips as possible.

wannafbody
05-25-2006, 08:38 AM
no- your probably not driving fast enough. The faster you drive the more wind resistance removes pollen and dust. You should be hitting triple didgit speeds on a regular basis to have a sparkling car. :D

Hey, Moe!
05-25-2006, 08:46 AM
I never thought about it that way. I`ll have to try it : )

imported_animes2k
05-25-2006, 09:09 AM
I know the environment is a little different, but if you`ve ever seen a car that`s spent a day at the track in a HPDE or actual race, you`d see just how dirty those cars get. VERY dirty, though with things you won`t see driving on the road - like chunks of rubber stuck in wheel wells and bounced off the hood and windshield, leaving streaks of tire rubber all over the place.

Not to mention running that hard, you often end up spitting a lot more carbon and other crap out the exhaust, so yeah... drive hard, wash hard. :D

Hey, Moe!
05-25-2006, 09:12 AM
I guess if you go to the track with any regularity, clay becomes your good friend.