PDA

View Full Version : I`m launched into orbit !!!

Pages : [1] 2

Flatfour
05-24-2006, 11:54 PM
For a few weeks now, I`m advertising and walking doors from all dealers in the aera here to promote my detailing business.

I already have a contract with a local BMW dealer to do all his bikes (new, exchange and showroom) and yesterday I got the foloowing call :

Ferarri Belgium called me with an urgent message that their regular "detailer" is 2 weeks out, and they have to deliver two new cars on tuesday.

Those cars must be done this monday (430 and 612, both red) and he asked me if I had time.

Of course I have made time to do this, the funny thing is that I went into their showroom a few weeks ago just in shorts and T-shirt to give them a flyer and explain my objectives...

I hope things will go well...

Big Leegr
05-25-2006, 01:41 AM
Sounds great! Are you planning on taking pics? (J/K! :D )

serge03
05-25-2006, 07:03 AM
what luck! congrats on the good score. having a steady clientel from an exotic dealership will be great for your resume.

Jordan@DD
05-25-2006, 07:18 AM
Nice work, hope things continue to go well for you.

Jordan

Djmigs
05-25-2006, 08:17 AM
make sure you explain to them after every full detail you need to test drive the vehicle and see if there is less wind resistance or you need to add more wax....lol

Congrats..... :bigups

definetly take some pics b/a and process

D Tailor
05-25-2006, 08:39 AM
Do you have a green light on pricing or do they not know what you`re going to charge upfront. Sounds like a great time if they know what your charging. Have fun!!

a.k.a. Patrick
05-25-2006, 10:01 AM
Do you have a green light on pricing or do they not know what you`re going to charge upfront. Sounds like a great time if they know what your charging. Have fun!!

Ferrari will just pass it on. $10,000 commission vs $9500 is nothing to sqwak at if your the salesman...

doged
05-25-2006, 12:11 PM
According to “Miracle Detail†pricing, you should charge about $5,000. Great opportunity!!!

Flatfour
05-25-2006, 12:22 PM
They already knwo my prices as I had gave them a flyer a few weeks ago.

I charge about 150-180 Euro`s for a exterior detail (wash-clay-polish-wax-wheels....)

For me, a Ferarri is the same as, let`s say a VW jetta.

I see no difference in asking 3x the price just because it`s a Ferarri...

That`s maybe why they called me, and I have a chance to prove myself against those "Top notch" detailers here, they ask as much as 500+ Euro`s for a detail on a high-class car...

J.J.
05-25-2006, 03:44 PM
If i were to screw-up though, I would much rather screw-up the VW. Price vs. Risk ratio puts the ball in your court sort-of.

JJ

DETAILKING
05-25-2006, 04:04 PM
yup u need 10 times the insurance coverage for the ferrari!

awahl63
05-25-2006, 05:15 PM
good luck...sounds like a super score

jvriii1942
05-25-2006, 06:13 PM
Sweet good deal Wally. Just curious as to your priceing on the bikes. I have the same opportunity for BMW motorcycles directly across the street from my new shop location.

Flatfour
05-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Insurance stays the same, I`m insured for to do enough damage to get on "Channel 1 breaking news..."...LOL

Flatfour
05-29-2006, 11:26 AM
So today was D-day...

There were two brand new, sparkling Ferrari`s waiting for me...

Altough I have NO pics, because I had to be discreet (the owners were waiting in the "salon" of the dealership and the WOrkshop manager asked me to skip the pic-session...)

First there was a 430...

Man, those cars are in a bad state, every crevice and seem had some dried up polish in it, swirls all over the place, grease on all panels, even the leather interior was full of scuff marks and finger-prints.

I did the whole car with Optimum 50/50 and white SFX pads, black finishing pads.

Strange thing : the hood was full of swirls, after one pass with Optimum, most of the swirls were gone but the paint had a strangely dull look, full of tiny scratches of a few millimeters...

After two passes woth a finishing pad and SFX 1 they were still there, so I leaved it like it was...

(The hood before was a nightmare, believe me, so after my work it looks 95 % better)

I finished off with S100, did the interior with 303 and wiped down all panels, carpets, etc with MCII diluted 1/10.

Then there was a 612 Scaglietti...

This car was almost in showroom state, so I just did one pass with Menzerna PO85RD (sort of finishing polish) and a black finishing pad.

Finished off with Souveran...

On the interior I used just a damp microfiber on the cream coloured leather and did the whole dashboard with AIO (carbon-aluminium)

On both cars, I cleaned the wheels with AIO and finished with Turlte wax Wheel wax and tire shine...

What I learned from this day :

Ferarri`s are pure sex, I had a hard one all day, especially when a mechanic asked me to ride with him in a 575 Maranello (we did 280 km/u on a nearby deserted road...)

Red is as difficult as black, not every swirl was gone and that strange thing with the hood of the 430 bothers me. I was just like making more damage when polishing (removing bigger swirls and installing smaller ones, wich were a pig to remove...it made the paint looked a litlle hazy)

Next time there will be more time to make pics...