PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Z2 Pro and Z5..whats the difference?

Tonywp75
05-23-2006, 08:13 PM
Hey,

Im new on here, but i been snooping around here..every so often :buffing:

I have Zaino Z2 Pro and Z5. I basically use Z2 Pro about 90% of the time and use Z5 only when i have minor swirls...which is almost never, cause my car is almost an year old and i wax it way to much. I read that the Z5 suppose to have no filling ability on here. The only diffence i see on the Zaino site is that Z5 has more dept to it?

What is the differnce between Z2 Pro and Z5? And why people choose one over the other?

Since Im new let me show you my ride:

http://home.comcast.net/~tonywp75/Wax/3.jpg

Super
05-24-2006, 04:25 AM
Welcome to Autopia make your self at home there is Beer in the frig. & nice car you have there.

Z5 does fill in imperfections of what the eye can’t see and swirls to a point if you use 2 or 3 coats of it. When I use Z5 its mainly on older cars for the imperfections that it can have that you can’t polish out. One thing about Zaino is it’s not recommended to use glaze under Zaino it will haze because of the oils in the glaze. Zaino does have great long lasting protection and it claims to have good Uv protection as well.

Z2 is more purer in clarity then Z5. My own car & truck I use Zaino Z5 & Z2 because they are daily drivers but not for my customers cars because Zaino is to labor intensive.

Every car needs to be clayed (to remove contaminates) at lest once a year and a good polishing/cleaner to polish out any defects and to remove the old sealers/wax on the car that turns to yellow with age.

stilez
05-24-2006, 09:12 AM
Zaino Z5 Pro definatley fills. I used it the other night with ZFX times 3 on my girlfriend`s Imola Red Saab. She has some minor scratches on her passenger door from our puppy hanging out the window. I didn`t want to risk polishing deep down, so I polished it with Menzerna PO106FF, then Zaino Z5 Pro x 3 in the same night. The scratches were nearly nonexistent, even under 500watt halogens when done.

The main differences *I* see between the two are:

Z2 Pro - More gloss, with sharp reflections

Z5 Pro - More color depth with pretty good filling abilities when used with ZFX x 3. When used in 1 layer form, it fills very very minor marring.

imported_memnuts
05-24-2006, 12:27 PM
In addtion to the points the previous 2 posts eloquently stated:

There are slightly different optical enhancers in the two products.

The plus side is Z2PRO and Z5PRO compliment each other very well in combo and can be interchange while layering.

Z5PRO also is a great between prep masking sealant that will hide very minor blemishes that one normally gets from washing and QD`ing a vehicle. No matter how careful and meticulous one may be.

Tonywp75
05-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Thanks guys

Im going to switch back and forth on Z2 Pro and Z5, since i still have like 80% of Z5 left.

Thanks again :2thumbs:

mikeinaustin
05-25-2006, 03:42 PM
do you guys always top your Z5 (Z5-Pro) with Z2-Pro ?