PDA

View Full Version : Question about Finial polish

jayincali
03-08-2005, 11:12 PM
I have a black car that has medium swirl marks. I do not have a PC as of yet, and was wondering if I can use PB SSR2 by hand? I would do the following steps.

1. Wash with dish soap
2. Clay block
3. Rewash with car wash soap. (I always do this step so I can clean anything left over from the clay)
4. Polish by hand with SSR2
5. This is where I need some help. I use Zaino products as a finial polish and sealant. Since it doesn`t have any cutting properties, should I order PB Filial polish to take out marks left from the SSR2?
6. 3 coats of Zaino polish.
7. Pinnacle Signature paste Wax, just for a bit more shine and protection.

Any help on the step 4, 5 about polishing by hand, and finishing would be greatly appreciated.

G35stilez
03-08-2005, 11:15 PM
By hand, I would go with SSR 2.5 SSR 2 will require a lot of work by hand.

You can go right to Zaino from there...All PB polishes don`t have any oils.

CharlesW
03-08-2005, 11:21 PM
I have a black car that has medium swirl marks. I do not have a PC as of yet, and was wondering if I can use PB SSR2 by hand? I would do the following steps.

1. Wash with dish soap
2. Clay block
3. Rewash with car wash soap. (I always do this step so I can clean anything left over from the clay)
4. Polish by hand with SSR2
5. This is where I need some help. I use Zaino products as a finial polish and sealant. Since it doesn`t have any cutting properties, should I order PB Filial polish to take out marks left from the SSR2?
6. 3 coats of Zaino polish.
7. Pinnacle Signature paste Wax, just for a bit more shine and protection.

Any help on the step 4, 5 about polishing by hand, and finishing would be greatly appreciated.
Since I haven`t used the SSR`s, I can`t speak from experience, but I think I have read where SSR2 will leave a finish ready for your Zaino. If it did leave any hazing, I would use SSR1 just before the Zaino.
FWIW, your Pinnacle Signature after the Zaino may give you more depth and a different look, but I really doubt that it is going to offer more protection than the Zaino would.

Charles

jayincali
03-09-2005, 12:08 AM
I`m happy with the Zaino and the look it gives. I was thinking that it would give it a tad more shine than I already have, and since it`s metallic paint, it would bring it out even more. So I should get a swirl free finish with the SSR2 or SSR2.5? Thanks for the help fellas.

audiboy
03-09-2005, 01:20 AM
i would suggest not washing with dish soap.

jayincali
03-09-2005, 03:36 AM
The only reason and only time I wash with dish soap is when I`m going to clay bar my truck and to make sure that the surface is stripped clean of waxes, polishes, oils, and whatever else found it`s way on my truck. This will leave me with a fresh clean slate to start with.

maximv1
03-09-2005, 06:50 AM
i have heard to use baby shampoo instead of dish soap. it is made to be more gentle, for the baby of course and rinse away alot easier.

audiboy
03-09-2005, 06:58 AM
The only reason and only time I wash with dish soap is when I`m going to clay bar my truck and to make sure that the surface is stripped clean of waxes, polishes, oils, and whatever else found it`s way on my truck. This will leave me with a fresh clean slate to start with.

the claybar will take anything off that doesnt belong there. dishsoap is not formulated for automotive paint. that clay bar should give you the clean slate you are looking for.

robman
03-09-2005, 07:54 AM
Even if the claybar doesnt remove the product, the SSR will.

JaredPointer
03-09-2005, 09:07 AM
i would suggest not washing with dish soap.
:yeah I second that.

jayincali
03-09-2005, 05:11 PM
So just regular car wash soap first, then clay, SSR2.5, Zaino?

audiboy
03-09-2005, 05:40 PM
So just regular car wash soap first, then clay, SSR2.5, Zaino?

that sounds good. id put at least 2 coats of the signature wax down after that. that will ensure that you have a nice layer of protection over your other steps.

jayincali
03-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Thanks a lot guys for your help.

One more thing, when using SSR2.5 by hand, do I go in circles, or back and forth on the roof and hood, and up and down on the sides? I`m trying to remove the swirls, not put more back in.

I`ll post before and after pics when I finish.

Edwa
03-10-2005, 12:48 PM
IMO I would:

SSR2.5
AIO
Zaino