PDA

View Full Version : White car

agtjamesb007
05-23-2006, 11:44 AM
I swore I would never buy a white car again. So when there was a great deal on a car, I took it....and it was white. I use this car for my daily driving. Is there anyone who also has a white car they use for their daily driving and found a good way to clean it and keep it clean?

i wash it, and put carnuba wax on it, but after a week or so, or after it has rained, there is a film of black that can be seen on the hood and trunk. i would have to use a cleaner wax every week with alot of elbow greese to get that off, and i fear excessive use would remove the finish.

any advise? thanks.

01bluecls
05-23-2006, 01:04 PM
What are the environmental conditions of where you work and live? It almost sounds like its heavy exhuast fumes and industrial fallout. Did you ever clay bar the car? if you havent clayed the car then it may be a film that is bonded to the surface that you are simply "covering up" with wax then rain washes away some of the wax revealing the film again. Hopefully this helps, its hard to tell without actually seeing it in pics or in person.

jchetty
05-23-2006, 01:30 PM
yeah my car is a daily driver and i here you when it comes to the black dust..i wash weekly, and clay/wax monthly..i use 21, a synthetic, and use some pressure about 10lbs when i wax...i use a cleaner polish every 3 months

agtjamesb007
05-23-2006, 01:37 PM
I have never clay barred the car before. im not sure how to do it and im afraid of over doing it. i always get confused when i should use what product and how often. I have been using a cleaner wax when it gets bad and just a wash/carnuba wax when it needs it. in between i use the quick detailer sprays.

the other pc
05-23-2006, 01:51 PM
I have a white daily driver and IMHO it`s easier to keep clean than most any other color. The only way to keep any car that`s constantly exposed clean is to keep cleaning it. How often depends on the environment and yours sounds particularly nasty.

I agree with 01bluecls, it sounds like you have some kind of fallout issue and that claying would be a good first step. Hopefully, clay and wax will give you a foundation that`ll be easier to clean down the line.

Claying is easy and safe, you can`t over do it. It also takes less work to remove stubborn gunk with clay than with cleaner/wax.

PC.

Wasatch
05-23-2006, 05:06 PM
I`m really liking sealants on white now, especially Prime and AJ.

Atrocity79
05-24-2006, 01:06 PM
I have the same problem with mine. I live outside of Houston and go to school every other day on the freeway. I pick up road tar and all. I feel the film I get is when I dont wash it weekly.

FreeBIZZ
05-24-2006, 03:44 PM
I did my first what I would call "professional-type" detail last weekend on my wife`s new WHITE Forester. I washed first and then clayed it. I had the same concerns as you about the clay, but that turned out to be the easiest thing of all to do. Took 45 min. No sweat.

I used Klasse AIO with a PC and white polishing pad, then followed that up with a coat of Klasse SG by hand. It turned out very nice----super shine, and I have read on these forums where the Klasse protects very well and lasts a long time-like 6 mos. I`ll apply 2 more coast in the next 2 weeks.

You might want to consider the Klasse for your white car. Oh---and use the clay~!