PDA

View Full Version : Mothers or NXT on dark green?

imported_Frugle
05-23-2006, 10:39 AM
Just a quick question, which wax is more likely to look best and last the longest out of the two on a green car? I have a thing of solid mothers carnuba wax, and a thing of liquid maguires NXT. I`ve heard a lot of good things NXT on darker colors, but will it last as long as the solid mothers?

this is my car:

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=69610

http://www.frugled.com/camry/Detailed/IMG_0001.jpg

LucentTeg
05-23-2006, 11:21 AM
I don`t know about lasting but I have used NXT liquid wax on dark as well as silver. I am very please with the results on both. I usually wax 1-1.5 months so in that amount of time NXT holds up well.

Driven-528e
05-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Typically, paste waxes last longer than liquids. Not always the case, but IME it holds true... typically

AutoCadillac
05-23-2006, 11:44 AM
I`ve used both of those products and am not thrilled with the durability of either. I`ve not used either on a green car but have used both on dark blues and silver.

I think the NXT shines better and also believe it is more durable. Frankly, I have can of Mother`s carnuba and will not waste my time putting it on my cars because it`s protection seems to be gone about the time I get it on.

01bluecls
05-23-2006, 12:55 PM
I have used NXT with great results on dark green before! NXT IMO is a great product, just seems to be questionable durability.

DM101
05-23-2006, 12:56 PM
In general paste wax last longer and is better because there are less solvents in it to carry the wax. Pure wax can not be applied so it has to have a carrier to bond to the surface.

MechWarrior
05-23-2006, 02:27 PM
Hi, do you have the Mothers Carnauba Cleaner wax, or the California Gold Pure Carnauba, just wondering ? Either way, I would go with the Mother`s paste. The Pure Carnauba ( Phase 3 ) paste is an old but GREAT LSP. I like the look of liquid NXT, but the durability is severly LACKING, IMO. Your car looks really nice.

wannafbody
05-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Mothers Reflections

imported_Frugle
05-24-2006, 05:52 AM
Hi, do you have the Mothers Carnauba Cleaner wax, or the California Gold Pure Carnauba, just wondering ? Either way, I would go with the Mother`s paste. The Pure Carnauba ( Phase 3 ) paste is an old but GREAT LSP. I like the look of liquid NXT, but the durability is severly LACKING, IMO. Your car looks really nice.

its the basic carnauba cleaner..

well I went with the NXT... nothing special, looks okay, its shiny.. just wonder how long it will last.

but I still can`t figure out how to get the bug guts off my car.... how do you guys do it without scratching or creating swirls?