PDA

View Full Version : Zaino`d the black shadow with pic`s

Pages : [1] 2

cwcad
03-08-2005, 07:38 PM
hi guys,

i finally started the detail of my 2003 chevy silverado 1500. my thirteen year old got his first introduction into detailing. he was a great help and an amicable partner. we spent four hours on our detail. then the rain started coming down. not hard but still more than we needed. so we had to stop with it not quite completed. well here is what we did.

wash with Z-7 wool wash glove using two bucket method
used blackfire claybar with Z-7 with clean water in wash bucket for lubricant
washed again with Z-7, rinsed using a hose to sheet it off and dried with wafffel weave towels. also sears shop vac to blow out the cracks. my son did the wheels as i washed the truck for the second time.
used pc7424 with CMA yellow pad applying menzerna IP
used pc 7424 with CMA green pad applying menzerna FPII
used ZFX Z-2 Pro with cotton apllicator supplied by Zaino

as we started the first Zaino application the rain began. that put and end to the detail. it was a light mist that barely moistened the vehicle but enough to halt our progress

well after an hour and a trip to McDonald`s to feed the troops. the rain halted.

we restarted our efforts by drying the vheicle with a ww mf towel and blowing all the cracks around the windows, mirrors, and emblems with a sears wet/dry shop vaccum. i did the hood, tonneau cover and the roof with the already mixed up ZFX/Z-2 Pro. i was a little shaky on the application, at first, because i usually use the pc to apply a sealant. then on to the fenders, doors, and the tailgate. application became easier as the applicator soon became moist with the Z2-Pro. after an hour my son and i took off the Z-2 pro using a mf towel. after four hours of working with my son he told me that he wanted to do something with his friends. i was proud of him for sticking with me as long as he had. i sent him and his friend on their way thanking him profusely as they left for the carnival and twenty of my dollars in his pocket.

i used the Z-6 and a mf towel to wipe down the vehicle again. i liked the look after one application of Z2-Pro.

waited over two days to put another layer of Z-2 Pro. finally, on tuesday (today), i was able to get back to work on the silverado. nice weather to do a detail. warm but yet ...not hot!!.

started with a wash of the vehicle with Z-7. rinsed using a hose then dried with waffle weave mf towel. Decided to put a second layer on with pc 7424 and a black finishing pad. i personally had a problem with applying a thin layer with the cotton applicator that was supplied by Zaino. in the past i seemed to have real good luck applying a thin layer using the pc.

i have to note that the first layer yielded, what i consider, good beading action thru 38 hours of rain here in texas. hence the picture.

let the second layer of Z-2pro dry for an hour. used the swipe test. not dry. it took over three hours in the sun to dry on my vehicle. i suspect that i put it on to thick with the pc. once dry, i buff off with a mf towel. the last thing i did was go over the entire painted portion of the vehicle with Z-6 and mf towel in case i missed any product during the buff off process.

all in all i am happy with the look. i am a little surprised that i really cannot see a difference compared to other products that i have used . it is slick but for me it does noo feel as slick as Menzerna FMJ. i think that it is shiny. i do not think that it is shinier than it was before the detail. it looks the same to me. my only hope is that it lasts longer than other products that i have used.

here are a few pic`s. i have to thank my wife for helping me get this posted!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/cwcad/preZainodetail2-25-05002.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/cwcad/preZainodetail2-25-05009.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/cwcad/zainopost006.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/cwcad/zainopost011.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/cwcad/zainopost018.jpg

Thomas Dekany
03-08-2005, 07:59 PM
Rain or no rain, that truck looks awesome! Excellent detail.

Yes I do like Menzerna myself.

G35stilez
03-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Truck looks GREAT!

I agree with you. There are other comparable LSP`s out there once the PROPER prep has been done...FMJ being one of them.

mgm2003
03-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Yeowww! Man, that does look nice. What do you usually use on your truck?

audiboy
03-08-2005, 08:52 PM
great job man. that is one awesome looking truck.

cwcad
03-08-2005, 08:53 PM
Yeowww! Man, that does look nice. What do you usually use on your truck?

i started out with the meguiar`s consumer line. i liked the look but did not like the stains.

then i started using the menzerna line with a pc 7424. i have spent so much money on detail spray`s it is hard for an lsp to really get a test.

have used a lot of carnuba pastes just to get a glow. i have to say that FMJ is the slickest lsp i have ever used. if i could just leave it alone i would not have had to try Zaino.LOL!

cwcad
03-08-2005, 08:57 PM
great job man. that is one awesome looking truck.

now if i could match your photography skills that i have seen on your audi i might want to compete. your photography has really impressed me.

thanks, audiboy. that means a lot to me!

audiboy
03-08-2005, 09:04 PM
now if i could match your photography skills that i have seen on your audi i might want to compete. your photography has really impressed me.

thanks, audiboy. that means a lot to me!

thanks. that means a lot. all i did to learn about photography was take the camera out and load up the memory card a few times. the Nikon N65 i have was a lot harder to learn how to shoot with. it just takes some practice. keep up the good work on the detailing!!

GregCavi
03-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Looks amazing. Great job

Greg

Craigster
03-09-2005, 07:34 PM
Awesome job.

MattZ28
03-09-2005, 08:35 PM
Nice job Kirk!

91LSMAN
03-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Great work-looks awesome.

CharlesW
03-09-2005, 11:08 PM
Looks great!
Is this going to be your six months protection while you are in Alaska?
Any chance your 13 year old could throw on another coat of Zaino at about the 3 month time period?
Actually, it will probably do better than you think. Lot`s of people don`t touch their cars except to go through the car wash for a year or more. And they don`t start with the protection you have.

Charles

cwcad
03-10-2005, 08:24 AM
i really cannot say about the 13 year old. it really depends on his need for something. he is an avid consumer. motivation comes when he wants something that is more than his usual allowed items. the last motivation is for football jersey`s with somebody else`s name on them. they cost 50 to 75 dollars. at least that is what he mumbled to me.

he did say that he would wash the vehicle. i guess that i could approach him about it. am not sure what he would say to that. i have twenty-one days to get him motivated to do it.

yes, this is the vehicle that i am going to use as a test on durability. i have two layers on now. will have at least two more layers on the vehicle before i leave. will post pictures on each layer as long as my wife stays in a good mood to help me post the pictures.

also, thanks to everyone who has posted. i did not realize how nice it is to get compliments. makes a guy feel good and i like the feeling!

groebuck
03-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Curious if you were using ZXF with the Z2 you should be able to get three coats in in about 1.5 hours (I did anyhooo). The ZFX cures the Z in 30 mins then you can remove and apply wait 30 remove and apply wait 30 - done ;)