PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO/Carlack - Do I need a topper?

jdthompson
05-22-2006, 10:32 AM
A place over here is having a sale on Carlack products.

I was going to try a 300ml bottle of "Systematic Care".

First off, on a couple of daily driver convertibles I presume this will last me for ages?

Second, I`ve possibly been searching and reading so much that I`m confused - do I actually need to follow/top it with anything?

I see they also do a product that`s equivalent to Klasse S.G and I`m a little unclear on why I`d want to use that over the Carlack AIO equivalent?

cheers,

Paul

Daragh
05-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Hello Paul, The Car-Lack 68 on its own will not last all that long. If you put a few coats of the Long-Life Sealant on top (applied very thinly & 24 hours apart), it will extend durability for several months. Car-Lack 68 would be used more for mild cleaning with the Long-life Sealant for pure protection.

jdthompson
05-22-2006, 12:03 PM
Hi, and thanks for the reply. That`s what`s got me rather confused tbh, you read all the websites selling Klasse and they suggest nothing else is needed on top. Don`t get me wrong I`m not going to lose much sleep over £10 on a bottle of Carlack Sealant but you know how it is.. if you brought every product you thought about trying..

Presume Carlack/AIO is a good choice on brand new (factory) metallics? (Porsche and Mazda)

Daragh
05-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Yes, If the surface is swirl free Car-Lack best as its non abrasive. Multiple thin coats of the sealant will look really well. Just takes time (and patience) to layer them all. You could put a non-cleaning carnauba wax on top of the sealant afterwards to enhance the look further, if you wanted too. I prefer not to as it means going back to square one sooner rather than later. I am trying Chemical Guys Extreme Top Coat + 3X Carnauba at the moment on top of Car-Lack 68, in place of the Car-Lack Sealant to see which works best for a daily driver, never garaged, out in all weathers.